Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Head-to-Head difficulty

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 14 2021 7:14 AM (8 replies)
  • BrianCheese
    31 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 3:49 AM

I'm presuming that with the new look desktop version of head-to-head that the 'higher' you go (from silver to platinum) the more difficult it becomes and the better standard of player is matched with you?

I ask because since moving to Gold level my game has essentially fallen to pieces on H2Hs. Puts that go in anywhere else now miss; crosswinds have more effect and my opponents all seem to have walked in poo because they're holing bunker shots and I'm missing 3 foot putts on flat greens.

My main problem with this and the WGT 'algorithm' that 'levels' players up is that it doesn't mirror real life. I enjoy this game, it's my only chance of ever 'playing' golf again, but in the 30 years I played golf (4 handicap when I had to stop), my game was never blighted by physics defying shots and WGT seems to have considerably more physics defying shots the poorer the equipment you possess and this simply doesn't reflect real golf at an amateur level.

I could give you literally hundreds of examples where the ball does what the game engine decides rather than what would have happened had the shot been made either in real life or in a practice or a round with no benefits. I am also very aware that if I spent a load of money on equipment and balls those mistakes would become fewer and further between and I kind of find this way too simplistic and divisive method of handicapping financially poorer players.

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 3:40 PM

BrianCheese:
    I could give you literally hundreds of examples where the ball does what the game engine decides rather than what would have happened had the shot been made either in real life or in a practice or a round with no benefits.

This is 100% correct.  In WGT, the ball ALWAYS does what the game engine decides.  Because it's a game 😁

• Greynurse0
    37 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2021 7:28 AM

Couldn't agree more.Up to Tour Pro, if the ball was 50% over the edge of the cup (slow rolling) it would drop. At Master level, no way! How is the physics different????? Same conditions apply in real life, be it a Pro or hack under the same circumstances. So much for reality.

• jacktrade51
    10,832 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2021 8:07 PM

Come on guys, to use an ESPN line.

12-14% wind could be 11-15%.

Plus the putting visuals are not always perfect.

I have been playing this game for over 8 years and I have had thousands of lip outs.  As one better player than me told me a while back when I was complaining about lip-outs, more lip-outs is good.  You are putting better.

• MojosMojo
    104 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2021 11:09 AM

“I am also very aware that if I spent a load of money on equipment and balls those mistakes would become fewer and further between and I kind of find this way too simplistic and divisive method of handicapping financially poorer players.“

I don’t know that I agree with most of what you wrote preceding this. 

As for the quote above: I know players like to think of WGT as a game, but you can be sure that WGT and Top Golf are strictly business. Most people pay for entertainment ( in one form or another ) throughout their lives. I know that going in and am good with it (which is why I stay).

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2021 8:33 AM

I have not long tiered up to tour legend and I am finding the putting more difficult. However I guess like in life the more I play , the more I practice , the better I will get , so it is mirroring real life. It happens to us all and we just have to live with it. 

• Latvala
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 6:19 AM

It is impossible when a guy lvl 64 always play with legends ant mora one hundreds lvl players. Not because they play better, just because they have access to better equipment.

YOU MUST CORRECT THIS

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2021 4:32 AM

Latvala:

It is impossible when a guy lvl 64 always play with legends ant mora one hundreds lvl players. Not because they play better, just because they have access to better equipment.

YOU MUST CORRECT THIS

You have been a player since 2012 , simply play more , progress , buy equipment, and you too could be the one with better clubs and more experiance , and a greater chance of winning . 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2021 7:14 AM

Greynurse0:

Couldn't agree more.Up to Tour Pro, if the ball was 50% over the edge of the cup (slow rolling) it would drop. At Master level, no way! How is the physics different????? Same conditions apply in real life, be it a Pro or hack under the same circumstances. So much for reality.

The visible hole is the same for all tiers. 

However the effective hole shrinks as you tier up.

I don't know when it "Caps" but hacks and amateurs can miss the hole entirely and it still go in.

it's been years since i did it but if hang out in the lowest coin rooms and play a bunch of low levels you will see it happen.

not  a bad marketing move actually. the starter clubs blow but by giving them an extra couple inches of diameter a beginner can score ok due to the putts dropping.

RSS