Help › Forums

Re: Safari showdown

Mon, Mar 15 2021 6:56 PM (29 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 2:27 PM

BPeterson8256:

Mythanatos:

You will have to replay those three holes but that's better than bogeys. Sometimes i've scored better when i've replayed three holes.. sometimes ive scored worse. is what it is.

Just out of curiosity... Does this work any time you want to start those 3 holes over? If you know you need 3 birds for a win and you start bird - par, could a player do a hard close and replay those 3 holes? If so... this would make it easy for anyone to score -18 or better in the final.

No as long as you have an opponent it's going to put you back in your existing game.  Could potentially risk not getting back in time. overall a bad idea.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 2:29 PM

FEDMOON:

This is just my second showdown. 

I've never seen the error before, but apparently that's my fault and I should trawl through the forums every tie I play a long established event just to make sure that there are no bugs...?

My opponent quit before we even began the first hole on my first round. The game continued as I expected it would, and I shot -1. Are you saying that equated to +2 after 6 because my opponent quit? So what was I supposed to do? If I'd quit surely I would have run a clear risk of going +6 after 6 without actually playing a hole...?

And this is a long standing issue - that WGT know about - but we shouldn't complain?

Naturally not going to play another showdown now even if they claim to have fixed it - but the attitude of complaining about people raising an issue that they personally haven't seen before surprises me. Are some of you guys after jobs in customer service?

Actually - is WGT just a clever racket to try and employ a lot of people in CS positions...it's all starting to make sense...

I don't know where to begin with this drivel.

I'm just going to say you don't understand anything of what was said. Probably best if you figure out why on your own. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 2:33 PM

Tiewaz:

I just entered the showdown,

Found an opponent - waited 2.30mins for the course to load.

Got to the 1st tee - message flashes on screen - PAUSED WHILE RECONNECTING

The tee box disappears - another message flashes - SAVED GAME LOST.

Then the main screen comes up & then it diverts to the showdown leaderboard were it shows me at +3 without even getting to the tee!

It's a crud bug, that's for sure!

Waz.

connection issue. Probably on your end somewhere.

If you can tell me how the game is supposed to determine whether your internet is spotty and won't establish connection or you logged out I'm all ears. 

• Tepi62Ka
    321 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 9:14 PM

TopShelf2010:

Tepi62Ka:

Me, 95 level master...when i am playing that safari showdown. What was the reason why I am have to play with legends and champions at rookie categorie?

Unless I am mistaken, the categories you speak of are not based on Tiers. Long story short they are based on the Entry Fees.

This has been a topic of discussion for quite some time.

Don

Okey...then "have" to ask why not there are categories based on tiers??

That was my last showdown. So tired to play with these legends and tour champions at same time!!

• Casbin
    1 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 10:40 AM

Just happened to me twice in same tour I am assuming the player I was playing forfeit if not not sure what happened was having a good round too

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2021 7:31 AM

Final round of showdown:

one of the three hole sets the opponent forfeited on the tee box before either of us hit a ball. I was once again able to continue without a problem. That's 4 times that has occurred and i was ok.

also had someone cancel after the first hole on one of the sets. got the Retry and cancel buttons. 

as i've stated. Hard closed the app. restarted the app and did those holes over again.

if you're getting bogeys you aren't paying attention to the solutions OR you have a crappy connection that is causing you to lose contact with the server.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2021 3:19 PM
    I followed all the advice and went from -6 at the turn to 5 bogeys in 6 holes from opponents quitting/forfeiting. Gave up after that...
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2021 4:29 PM

Mythanatos:

as i've stated. Hard closed the app. restarted the app and did those holes over again.

if you're getting bogeys you aren't paying attention to the solutions OR you have a crappy connection that is causing you to lose contact with the server.

Appreciate your tips but that is just a workaround, definitely not a recommendable permanent solution. The bottom line is WGT must fix it and they'd better do it pronto.

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2021 6:39 PM

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2021 6:56 PM

This here is what WGT is trying to say about their  bugs...

RSS