Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Safari showdown

Mon, Mar 15 2021 6:56 PM (29 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 10:05 AM

Be careful everyone , the bug is still here , when opponent forfeits , you get kicked out of game ! Just happened to me , when I was -1 after two holes , and on the green in two , on a par 5 . So now I got awarded a bogey on that hole when it was odds on that it would be a birdie at least ! 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 1:00 PM

bossbird:

Be careful everyone , the bug is still here , when opponent forfeits , you get kicked out of game ! Just happened to me , when I was -1 after two holes , and on the green in two , on a par 5 . So now I got awarded a bogey on that hole when it was odds on that it would be a birdie at least ! 

dont click cancel

• FEDMOON
    1,041 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 1:48 PM

I was only allowed to play 6 holes. Someone else bogeyed my first 3 for me apparently. 

Now sat at 1 under after 9 when I should be 4 under after 6. How can that possibly happen? 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 2:05 PM

Mythanatos:
    dont click cancel

My reply is in no way shape or form directed at the OP.

However, with that being said, how many times will the proper procedure for avoiding these bogeys be posted before players finally get it?

Thank you Mythanatos for your patience... LOL. Every showdown you have to dread coming to the Forums, knowing very well there will be a Bogey thread... or 6.

Don

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 2:40 PM

My reason for posting is to ensure people who are affected by this , come on forums and say so . If it doesn’t get reported there is no chance WGT will do anything about it . I have played enough times , for years in coin rooms where people forfeit , that isn’t the issue . The issue is there isn’t a way to stop the bogeys being recorded . 
    Just because it happens every time , doesn’t mean we should stop talking about it . Does it ?  

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 3:00 PM

TopShelf2010:
    with that being said, how many times will the proper procedure for avoiding these bogeys be posted before players finally get it?

It's not a proper procedure.  It's a user workaround for a bug in WGT's programming.  

"Proper procedure" would be for WGT to fix their bug-riddled Showdown programming so that if an opponent forfeits or disconnects and does not return, the player can continue playing their round with the scores they've already earned to that point.

Bossbird is correct.  If people like her don't continue to post that it is a problem, WGT will ignore it and do nothing about it.  They will probably do nothing about it anyway, but at least this way there's a one-in-a-million chance that they will try to fix it.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 3:02 PM

bossbird:

My reason for posting is to ensure people who are affected by this , come on forums and say so . If it doesn’t get reported there is no chance WGT will do anything about it . I have played enough times , for years in coin rooms where people forfeit , that isn’t the issue . The issue is there isn’t a way to stop the bogeys being recorded . 
    Just because it happens every time , doesn’t mean we should stop talking about it . Does it ?  

There is a way. I have posted it in probably every single thread that's popped up for a year. 

Pay attention this time.

the only way that you can possibly get stuck with bogeys is if they forfeit on the first tee before anyone hits a ball.

Even then this has happened to me 3x so far and I've managed to continue without bogeys.

if someone forfeits what usually happens is that you can continue playing no hassles. Great.

Sometimes you will get an error message and you get the Retry and cancel buttons.

Retry won't work. you can click it but nothing will happen. at least so far for me.

If you click cancel you will get the bogeys. 

The solution is to Hard close the app without clicking the buttons.

You will have to replay those three holes but that's better than bogeys. Sometimes i've scored better when i've replayed three holes.. sometimes ive scored worse. is what it is.

Display bug. Sometimes when doing the hard close the app trick it will have errors on previous rounds scored on the math. just ignore this and finish it will self correct at the end of the round.

ONCE AGAIN DON'T HIT CANCEL!!

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 3:30 PM

I was stuck with the revolving circle unable to move on . So I opened my mini iPad , and hoped to see the game come up as a saved game it didn’t , it wasn’t there . So I had no option. I closed my iPad that I had been playing on , and I was awarded the bogey. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 4:42 PM

Mythanatos:

You will have to replay those three holes but that's better than bogeys. Sometimes i've scored better when i've replayed three holes.. sometimes ive scored worse. is what it is.

Just out of curiosity... Does this work any time you want to start those 3 holes over? If you know you need 3 birds for a win and you start bird - par, could a player do a hard close and replay those 3 holes? If so... this would make it easy for anyone to score -18 or better in the final.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 8:30 PM
    How about the best way there is................just quit playing it, til they fix it !!!!!!!!!!! Fastest way to get their attention, is to hit them where it hurts, the pocket book!!!!!!
RSS