Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Game play

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 7 2021 2:13 PM (2 replies)
  • relax707letitgo
    11 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2021 6:32 AM

I think it would be nice if you could edit your equipment during a game,especially balls.

thank you 

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2021 11:52 AM

relax707letitgo:

I think it would be nice if you could edit your equipment during a game,especially balls.

thank you 

In real golf you can't change your balls and equipment so why would you expect them to allow that option here?

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2021 2:13 PM

pmm711:
    In real golf you can't change your balls and equipment so why would you expect them to allow that option here?

Paul it depends what you mean by "real golf".

Some golfers believe that it is "illegal" under the rules to change the make and model of golf ball you are playing during a round. That, in other words, you have to end your round of golf using the exact same type of golf ball with which you began it.

Is that true?

No. There is nothing in the Rules of Golf that prevents a golfer from switching to a different brand of golf ball (i.e., from a Titleist to a Bridgestone) on every hole on the course - so long as the change is made between the play of holes rather than during the play of a given hole.

However, there is something in the Rules of Golf that says a tournament committee can impose such a rule.

In tour events they do impose the one ball rule.

RSS