Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Mouse rubberbanding

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 23 2022 12:11 PM (38 replies)
  • LLLlloyd88
    175 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2021 2:13 AM

I've been having this issue all along with the new version. It only happens at start up about 50% of the time. I hit the windows key + tab and cycle to WGT screen and press delete key to close it (sometimes I can click the close button with my mouse, other times not). Then I keep loading until the mouse works properly. 

• Ess3xGooner
    670 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2021 5:34 AM

Just my 2 cents. I had a similar problem where I couldn't control the mouse pointer to log on to desktop. I discovered that I had a game controller (flight sim rudder pedals) plugged into another USB port. At start up, WGT was recognising the rudder pedals as my main pointing device, not the mouse. Disconnected the rudder pedals and no further probs. So, have you another device plugged into a USB port that could be interfering?

• ScottHope
    10,009 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2021 10:43 AM

I don't know if this is still an issue for anyone, but I have stumbled on a rather odd circumstance where I can make this rubberbanding happen at will.

I have been messing about with AutoHotkey and remapping keys, and completely by accident, I discovered that if I remap my mouse wheel to the letter 'a' instead of its default scroll motion, the cursor rubber bands to the center of the game window.

When I start the game, the cursor behaves normally until I use the mouse wheel. So perhaps if anyone who has this issue, could test out my theory to see if their cursor behaves normally until they use their mouse wheel, it might give WGT a pointer as to what might be the problem, if it still is a problem. : )

EDIT : When the rubberbanding occurs for me, if I use Alt + Tab to switch the focus to another Window, then the issue goes away until I switch focus back to the game window and use the mouse wheel again.

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2021 6:02 AM

this has been happening to me ever since the new version started. only way i can make it stop is to reload. i'm good for 2 games than starts right up again. ya just can;t aim. WGT needs to fix this problem.

• ScottHope
    10,009 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2021 6:43 AM

Can you pin it down to what exactly is causing it petrieboy?

Does it start doing it as soon as the game loads, or when you use a particular mouse function, ie. left or right button, mouse wheel etc. Or does a keyboard key set it off?

• aoraki
    11 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2021 5:31 AM

I get the same . my mouse driver is 10.0.19041.1 as well. Using a logicool usb ls1 laser mouse . 

• Merky1too
    3 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2021 7:54 AM

Just a note to add a bit of information. I had the mouse "rubberbanding" issue with Logitech M510 and M275 wireless mouse(s). Discovered by accident that a MS Precision Pro wired USB Joystick I had hooked up to the computer and mouse(s) were conflicting somehow. I unplugged the MS Precision Pro and the "rubberbanding" issue stopped. To confirm the root cause I then plugged the joystick back in and the issue immediately started again. 

Computer operating system is Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 

Hope that this tidbit of information is helpful.:)

• ScottHope
    10,009 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2021 10:05 AM

Thanks for that Merky. That gave me an idea to test out. Seems like other methods of cursor navigation are interfering with the mouse. So I switched off the Number Lock on my numberpad keys and held down each of the arrow keys (numberpad 2, 4, 6 and 8) in turn. Moving the mouse in the game while doing this brought back the rubberbanding. Holding down any one of the common game navigation keys on the keyboard, W, A, S or D, also had the same effect, as did holding down any of the cursor control arrow keys.

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 9:27 AM

seems the longer i play the more it happens in other words...great on the first 6 holes than starts to happen from then on. at the end of a nine hole game i close the game out and reload and start playing again, sometimes i have to close the game in the middle of a round.

• ScottHope
    10,009 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 10:52 AM

Try disabling or unplugging your keyboard petrieboy and any other gaming peripherals, gamepads, joysticks etc.

RSS