Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clash #146 - BasketBrawl

Sat, Mar 6 2021 6:27 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2021 10:17 AM

My club never did get Bethpage to play.  Lots of St. Andrews.  And with the right wind on the right holes, one can do well there.  I had one round that started and ended with eagles and a new personal best long drive on #17, right down the gullet, staying in the fairway.

AlaskanDame set a long drive personal best of 426.09 yards.

Ive shot longer at Cabo and Whistler by bouncing off rocks and pathways, and longer with bonus apparel, but never on St. Andrews with regular clubs.

But, man oh man, with the wrong wind on the wrong holes......ugh.  In the tourneys that I set with high wind so that people can learn to aim, I use easy or medium tees so that adverse winds aren’t so demoralizing.  

We finished below 100 also and can now have “BasketBrawl” tourneys —- but am hopeful I don’t have to post ending times in my club forum during the next Clash.

• Teegr
    31 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2021 12:51 PM

DufferJohn7:

bossbird:
    note to self make a custom tourney with 17 th as first hole and keep practicing ! I really can’t keep on the fairway from the tee

A method I've been trying for the Road Hole in any wind (and a couple of others) is to work backwards. In other words instead of putting the aimer where I want to go and working out the shot to get there I calculate the distance a full driver will go. Then swing the aimer in an arc at that distance to choose an aiming point to allow the wind to move the ball into the fairway. Give it a try.

Have fun and hit 'em straight,

John

That’s how I (almost) always hit my shots, doesn’t everyone?

• jacktrade51
    10,896 Posts
    Sat, Mar 6 2021 6:27 PM

We saw BP once.  

I never use high winds in club tournaments for a reason.  It is too random.

Tom.

• PAGES
RSS