Forums

Help › Forums

Re: This app is totally rigged, prove me wrong.

Thu, Sep 14 2023 6:21 PM (43 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2022 9:50 AM

Roger19561:

There has been many comments that WGT is somehow rigged in favour of one player in a game. I have always thought this untrue until recently. I have been getting ‘goal complete’ messages BEFORE a particular shot has been completed! also I get messages from opponents saying NS or similar again before a shot has completed! How can this happen unless the game already knows the outcome?

Small beans....carry on and dont sweat the small stuff

• HamdenPro
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Sep 14 2022 10:49 AM

Roger19561:

There has been many comments that WGT is somehow rigged in favour of one player in a game. I have always thought this untrue until recently. I have been getting ‘goal complete’ messages BEFORE a particular shot has been completed! also I get messages from opponents saying NS or similar again before a shot has completed! How can this happen unless the game already knows the outcome?

I stayed away from this thread due to the purpose of the OP, to start something that is just not there. However, I do want to address your comments.

1. Goal complete message popping up before shot is complete - This was a "glitch" which has since been fixed. It is not proof the game is rigged. Once you hit your shot, the game (algorithms) immediately calculates where the ball will land and, therefore, the glitch was that it was displaying before you actually got to see it land. Not rigged but it just knows what is going to happen once you complete clicking through the meter; and

2.  Chat from opponents before shot is completed - One of two reasons...a) As I often do, once I hear the heartbeats, I send a "ns" message (before the shot has completed); or 2) Due to the time delays involved with players in different locations, internet speed, etc.. Your opponent may have seen your shot completed before you did.

I do not believe either of your observations are indicative of the game being rigged.

• Greynurse0
    37 Posts
    Sat, Sep 24 2022 9:21 AM

Best synopsis I've read so far.

• Qbert29
    1 Posts
    Sun, Dec 18 2022 9:53 AM

The game is so obviously rigged to keep people who spend the most money happy. It's very easy to write it into the program. Example: Player 1 spent $200 on clubs and balls and player 2 uses nothing but 'starter' clubs and balls. Program: Is player 1 winning? No. Then add a 10% variance(completely random number for this example) to player 2's next shot. This can be long, short, wide right, wide left. Playing against someone with a wealth of equipment will dumb down my shots, There can only be some much ROI for equipment in that you can't buy a driver that goes 500 yards so the program will start stealing accuracy and distance from the opposing player. When I play someone who has very similar equipment it is usually a very equal and fair game. If I start with a lead (birdy vs par) against someone with top of the line equipment the game goes to crap for me immediately. A 150 yard shot that I have hit numerous times before with the same club will now be way short, or way right , etc. Does that mean I lose every time against better equipped player, no. But they have to play a pretty bad game to lose. Why would WGT do this? Simple. To keep PAYING players happy. Players need to see that Return On Investment or they won't spend their cash. Playing single these distance and accuracy issues disappear.

• LollysDave
    6 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2023 4:34 AM

JFidanza:
    The algorithm that I used to see talked about ensures that unless you upgrade your clubs you're more prone to aberrations and mistakes. It simply doesn't matter how 'good' you get with starter clubs or cheaper clubs there will always be that algorithm that slows you down, makes you play a perfectly good shot that isn't or ignores the conditions to ensure you understand who's boss.

Jumping into this thread rather late, but I have been noticing this very dynamic.  I use a L70 putter.  Just before, and especially after, I leveled up to 98 and unlocked the putter at that level, suddenly about every fourth or fifth putt I make shanks left off the clubface at a very noticeable angle, no matter what the green conditions are, and even when I hit the ding.  I can think of no plausible explanation except that the WGT algorithm is trying to force me to spend even more money than I already have to buy the level 98 putter.  Can't prove it with a certainty -- just my observation of this recurring phenomenon.

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Wed, Sep 13 2023 1:09 PM

In an effort to put some context on the original post...."I have a lucking coin that keeps me from getting hit by a car.  Since I haven't been hit, it must work. Prove me wrong?"

• CarmelCarl
    9 Posts
    Wed, Sep 13 2023 7:13 PM

The meter speed can be slightly speeded up & changed  indiscriminately and you would never know it. They have you by the balls.🤣

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2023 3:50 AM

Squatch031:
    "I have a lucking coin that keeps me from getting hit by a car. 

Try walking on the road and see how lucky your coin is. If you dont get back to us we will know your luck ran out.🤣

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Thu, Sep 14 2023 4:31 AM

LollysDave:

JFidanza:
    The algorithm that I used to see talked about ensures that unless you upgrade your clubs you're more prone to aberrations and mistakes. It simply doesn't matter how 'good' you get with starter clubs or cheaper clubs there will always be that algorithm that slows you down, makes you play a perfectly good shot that isn't or ignores the conditions to ensure you understand who's boss.

Jumping into this thread rather late, but I have been noticing this very dynamic.  I use a L70 putter.  Just before, and especially after, I leveled up to 98 and unlocked the putter at that level, suddenly about every fourth or fifth putt I make shanks left off the clubface at a very noticeable angle, no matter what the green conditions are, and even when I hit the ding.  I can think of no plausible explanation except that the WGT algorithm is trying to force me to spend even more money than I already have to buy the level 98 putter.  Can't prove it with a certainty -- just my observation of this recurring phenomenon.

I think the fact I'm still using a L35 putter disproves these claims 😉

RSS