Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Champ,Devs, Connection Issue, Possible Solution

Mon, Mar 15 2021 7:26 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • protonc
    644 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 7:04 AM

Thanks Paul & Sam.  I think of things, and do a little digging.  My two to four connection errors aren't that big of a deal, but I like the easy trial and error test.

Sam, Yes, I spoke\typed out of term when I said channel.  My network isn't a normal home. I run two routers, or one router and an access point.  Whatever it's called, lol.  The main router with one SSID (2.4 & 5) for seamless roaming, and the A.P. set as 2 SSID's for each band.  I play over wifi on my laptop.  My thoughts were Roaming Aggressiveness is going to happen regardless if there's another A.P. or not, so by changing it to Lowest setting it will not Roam\search at all.  Trial and Error! lol

In the image there's a priority 6, golf.exe is set at a 4 (1=highest, 6=lowest).  That's the problem, golf.exe (WGT) is NOT in the active list of programs. Why?  Every other program I open that requires something from the web shows up in my active list.  WGT on the other hand pops up, goes away, pops up, goes away.  To me, that makes no sense at all?  Why is it not stable and staying ACTIVE?  Within the program I can go to the INACTIVE list, and there it sits, WGT.  Those other programs was just a test to see if the other programs would stay in the active list, which they did (imagine that). 

I'll see if I can record my desktop to give you (maybe even WGT) a visual.  I can record a game, but not sure if I have a program that will record my desktop (think VLC can do it).

Agreed, they need a group of us that they can test, read, log, etc.  From the real world of neighborhood and home networking traffic.  That's beyond them though.  I would also be glad to help.

My connection is fine.  Been working from home this past year, wife works from home, both kids virtual schooling, no issues.

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 10:52 AM

Here we go, this will give you a better idea of what I'm seeing.  The game is set with the highest priority (1) now.  It's typically under the inactive list.  What little time it is in the active app list, you can see if doesn't move the needle much at all (ie. 0:30 or 3:45), neither does anything else running. No bandwidth issues here.

Can't explain why it doesn't stay active?!?!

https://youtu.be/1Fy3dUZvzG0

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 12:32 PM

protonc:
    Can't explain why it doesn't stay active?!?!

My guess is that golf.exe only appears in your Killer Control Center's "Active" list while it's actively sending & receiving data, which it's only doing every few seconds.  But that's just a guess.

SamSpayed:

When you play a multiplayer game, you'll see your opponent's avatar move sometimes while they're selecting their shot, and you'll see them change clubs before they hit their shot.  That tells me they are sending data every few seconds to everyone in the game.

I'm also guessing that very little data is being sent back and forth between you and WGT, which is why the needle doesn't move that much.

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2021 4:14 PM

Has me guessing too, lol.  I still find it odd. 

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2021 3:29 AM

I guess I'm more concerned about the game not showing up as active more than anything.  It's the only program I've seen act in this manner. 

• PAGES
RSS