Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Bracket Tournament Information

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 27 2021 9:01 AM (3 replies)
  • Cenzo91
    23 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 5:32 AM

Would like to suggest you let people know certain information before signing up for a bracket tournament, specifically wind speed and green speed.  I'm a TOUR MASTER level so all of the monthly course tournaments have high winds, so I really don't like playing bracket tournaments with high winds.  I also HATE HATE HATE slower green speeds so would prefer not playing those either.  As it stands right now I have to enter a tournament before finding that stuff out and just end up forfeiting the tournament once in play.

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 9:24 PM

Yeah, you can’t find out conditions until after you have started your round or once the timer for the round starts for the 1st round of the bracket.  (Edit: from the app you cannot check)

I think you’ll find a variety of winds and green speeds. I just played Olympic on 9.5 greens and high winds. The other bracket I am in will have low winds and tournament speeds. it’s kind of a mixed bag and you have to take what you get. If you want to win some credits you gotta play the hand you’re given. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 10:08 PM

BWerthy:

Yeah, you can’t find out conditions until after you have started your round or once the timer for the round starts for the 1st round of the bracket.  

Of course you can find the conditions for the 1st round, before it starts, but only via browser on WGT bracket tournament page. Just tap on the unfilled bracket and a check in the top right corner, right above "enter tournament" and "view bracket" tabs. But for the following rounds, you'll only see the right conditions displayed in the app, under "view bracket" and then "courses". 

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 9:01 AM

Great tip, I edited my post to include that from within the app, you cannot find that information until the round starts  

thanks for helping the OP.  

RSS