Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Update 2/24/2021

Fri, Mar 5 2021 7:10 AM (83 replies)
  • protonc
    643 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 4:09 PM

We keep bringing up the chat window.  They've had the small chat window, but it's only in TopGolf games.  It's my understanding the reason our chat window is so large is due to the Mobile platform.  I don't understand why they can't write the code with some IF statements.  IF mobile use large chat window, IF PC use small chat like in TopGolf.  Another option is to give the users a selection for a small chat window with names in the settings.  I hate not know who is writing a message, specially when the avatar is default for more than one user.

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 4:25 PM

How WGT See's It, How We See It....

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/656717.aspx

Awesome New Chat Feature!!!

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/656199.aspx

Chat Overlayed Window vs Topgolf Top Left Chat

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/641117.aspx

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 5:14 PM

7:23 minutes of boring waiting and searching tonight. 

This is for Champ and the Devs.  ;-p

• kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 5:32 PM

JDGHOST:

Champ,

So trying to help you guys out I gathered 7 players  on Skype and we decided to run our own little  "Test" session ...

Here's what we did ...ISO.....What this tells me is simply the "RANDOM" part of joining or inviting is obviously flat out broke (For lack of a better word)...

And I just don't understand what's the issue of having friends say available or Busy???? Or RED or GREEN whatever works easiest?

JD

That is absolutely brilliant JD, thank you to you and your friends for taking the time to do that on behalf of us all because whilst we all know the random games and Alt game set ups etc are not working at all well, your "test" is obviously indisputable proof.   

As PDorland said, the Alt games especially, but many games with friends or people that include a laugh, a conversation, sometimes cursing etc. - the human side of the game - are why so many long time players are still playing.  

Thanks Champion for the updates.  Fingers x-ed for some progress!

Kay

• PETERGEORGE1
    572 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 1:21 AM

kdownunder:

JDGHOST:

Champ,

So trying to help you guys out I gathered 7 players  on Skype and we decided to run our own little  "Test" session ...

Here's what we did ...ISO.....What this tells me is simply the "RANDOM" part of joining or inviting is obviously flat out broke (For lack of a better word)...

And I just don't understand what's the issue of having friends say available or Busy???? Or RED or GREEN whatever works easiest?

JD

That is absolutely brilliant JD, thank you to you and your friends for taking the time to do that on behalf of us all because whilst we all know the random games and Alt game set ups etc are not working at all well, your "test" is obviously indisputable proof.   

As PDorland said, the Alt games especially, but many games with friends or people that include a laugh, a conversation, sometimes cursing etc. - the human side of the game - are why so many long time players are still playing.  

Kay

kdownunder:

JDGHOST:

Champ,

JD

Kay

this hits the nail on the head - well done   PG

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 4:58 AM

The most requested from Mobile players is to have multiplayers like on PC. Will this happen sometime in the near future?

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 6:40 AM

Hey Champ,

I won't pretend to know if this is an easy fix or not, but will they ever turn the cameras back on at Kiawah?

At one time in an effort to fix, WGT turned on a bunch of cameras from the tee box. However, once in the fairway there are literally ZERO OPTIONS other than the basic camera you get when you first click the "camera" icon".

Do they realize this is still an issue?

Brett

P.S. This may be an unrelated bug, but for a couple weeks when playing in Alt Shot games, some Kiawah cameras were missing for the tee box for me only. The other players in my group would still have all options available to them. We were talking on Discord at the time is how we knew the camera options were different for me than for the rest of them. NOTE: That issue seems to have resolved itself this past couple weeks. I just wanted to mention there has been an issue that affected only some.

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 7:19 PM

BPeterson8256:
    At one time in an effort to fix, WGT turned on a bunch of cameras from the tee box. However, once in the fairway there are literally ZERO OPTIONS other than the basic camera you get when you first click the "camera" icon"

Interesting, Brett.

2 responses:

While we don't have all the cameras we used too, there are some new ones.  Overall, I have found the camera angle function in PCEA, except I shouldn't have to switch to putt view to figure out slop of green when I am in rough or bunker near it.

But, tonight, I though I noticed some previous camera angles were missing.  Until I saw your post, I though I was imagining things.

Tom.

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 7:29 PM

Thanks it makes sense now

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Mon, Mar 1 2021 6:04 AM

RSS