Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putter upgrade!??

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 21 2021 4:03 AM (3 replies)
  • sean1344
    65 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2021 12:59 AM

Hi all. Recently gained enough credits to (finally) upgrade my sticks. Irons and wods in the bag and great - next are some slightly better wedges. Question is , is a putter upgrade worthwhile? Been playing a lvl 14 red spider for years. Ive rented the lvl 77 spider for a day, cant see much benefit, tho i appreciate i'd need time to get used to it. Do expensive putters, in general, make that much difference? Cheers. 

• Tabarnak777
    166 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2021 10:32 AM

A good mix of precision and forgiveness is always welcomed. It's all about your ''intention'' of getting a little better or not. If you feel that missing a ding can seriously makes missing your putt then maybe it's time for a change.

I played with the max putter L80 for a while and i kinda liked it, if you wanna wait a bit more.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2021 12:01 PM

sean1344:

Hi all. Recently gained enough credits to (finally) upgrade my sticks. Irons and wods in the bag and great - next are some slightly better wedges. Question is , is a putter upgrade worthwhile? Been playing a lvl 14 red spider for years. Ive rented the lvl 77 spider for a day, cant see much benefit, tho i appreciate i'd need time to get used to it. Do expensive putters, in general, make that much difference? Cheers. 

They make a difference but tend not to be game changers like drivers, irons, and wedges.

If it were me, however, I would wait for the Scotty Cameron (Level 98) putter. it's expensive but worth it. And you're only 1 level away.

For my money, the two best putters in the Pro Shop are the Scotty Cameron (Level 70 and 98 putters). 

If you can wait to Masters weekend, there's usually a free rental weekend at that time. You can a try a few and then get a 10% discount on what you purchase.

Just my 2 cents.

• sean1344
    65 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2021 4:03 AM

Great stuff. Thanks for the advice, 😊

RSS