Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Stuck with the hybrid

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 1 2021 6:20 PM (6 replies)
  • Heath021
    378 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2021 10:21 AM

How did I get stuck with the starter hybrid? I can't remove it for another wedge. I want to play with 3 wedges not a hybrid? It cost me in a few tournament not realizing it changed.

Can someone please help?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Feb 15 2021 10:34 AM

Heath021:
    Can someone please help?

Goto Game Settings

Customize Equipment - Set to Advanced.

Save/Close

Click profile pic

Edit Equipment

Click Hydrid

Click Wedges 

Select Wedge of choice

Save/Close

Here is a link to a video if that helps...

How to Replace Hybrid with a 3rd Wedge

Video courtesy of ScottHope

Don

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2021 2:01 AM

Heath021:

How did I get stuck with the starter hybrid? I can't remove it for another wedge. I want to play with 3 wedges not a hybrid? It cost me in a few tournament not realizing it changed.

Can someone please help?

You sure it was the hybrid and not the VEM that cost you in those tourneys? Did someone teach you "The Chosen few" secret handshake? 

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2021 1:11 PM

Ok Ana, I didn't accuse anyone of cheating...all i said was that it seems some players for some reason do not get effected by uncontrollable shots. And for those who assume that I don't put any time or practice in is disrespectful and rediculous!!! I have been playing since 2009 and have almost 14,000 rounds played and many many hours of practice...with many many different charts revamped over the years. Alot of times the charts work, until it really matters and then nothing you have seen in all those years occurs...some shot out of know where happens. It does make me wonder how that happens. So this post wasn't about that,  leave your f'ing comments at the door before you come in thank you.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2021 5:45 PM

Heath021:

Ok Ana, I didn't accuse anyone of cheating...all i said was that it seems some players for some reason do not get effected by uncontrollable shots. And for those who assume that I don't put any time or practice in is disrespectful and rediculous!!! I have been playing since 2009 and have almost 14,000 rounds played and many many hours of practice...with many many different charts revamped over the years. Alot of times the charts work, until it really matters and then nothing you have seen in all those years occurs...some shot out of know where happens. It does make me wonder how that happens. So this post wasn't about that,  leave your f'ing comments at the door before you come in thank you.

Bwahahaha...... surely you didn't think I was gonna let this slide...

What you posted was yet another one of your insinuations, that some players get treated differently than others by a computer game. Which is, to put it mildly, moronic. They, as seen on plenty of live streams, get plenty of shots, which are clinging on the edge of the clubs precision circle, which can get fairly big, if your scores are consistently great. But they manage to get out of those troubles in a lot of cases. Which just makes them better players than you. And me. 

As for the charts, you may want to stop relying on them as much and try to understand the game better, since the same numbers on 2 almost identical shots (distance, wind, elevation) on 2 different holes can need a completely different shot. And charts and formulas will fail you there,  if you rely solely on them. Plus, they're not really that necessary. Take it from a player, who is doing quite well without a single chart, map, formula, note, calculator, off dinging putts (the aimer never leaves the hole) and playing every single shot or putt within 20 secs max (when not chatting) solely from memory, feel and very simple math (+ and - alone), done within 2 secs. And I can also get out of sticky situations plenty of times. Some rounds are still better than others though (disregard mediocre and bad rounds from my score history, cause they're mostly bracket rounds with the rock against krill), but that's my fault, not the games.

And as far as things not working when it matters, the technical term for it is "choking" and it happens to much better players than you and me, just not as often ;-)

Btw, Ana is my ex, and as she never left her effing opinions at the door, I won't either. Kind of you to ask though ;-) 

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Tue, Feb 16 2021 5:54 PM

Heath021:

Can someone please help?

I am going to treat this seriously and ignore some of the posts above, because it happened to me.

You have to click on yourself on top right in PCEA, then go to edit equipment.  You should be able to figure it out from there.  It took some multiple clicks for me to persuade WGT program to understand I really mean to get out of the hybrid I have not used for 6 years.

Tom.

• bigjohndough
    65 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2021 6:20 PM

Note: This happened to me - when I had all 3 wedges equipped - still showed hybrid in the bag and no driver,  clicked hybrid and then clicked driver tab and was able to get my correct clubs equipped.  was a bit wacky.  lol thks for the tips.  Best, bjd

RSS