Name them you damn Canuck BTW hope all is well Mr.Trevor 

Doyler

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 1:50 AM

doylerc:

Name them you damn Canuck BTW hope all is well Mr.Trevor 

Doyler

All good here, Clem...take care my dear Irish friend..:)

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 6:25 AM

ct690911:

True story, Paul. I was gonna name the perp and the mod, but figured I'd get moderated again...lol

I am sure, Colin, a number of us here have a good idea who the Mod might be.  Nice to see you again, too bad you quit playing.

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 7:14 AM

gillian5048:
    I, like I think most women, do not appreciate these comments. This was not the first time. We are here to play golf.

I have a niece who is very active in the gaming community. Recently, I had a conversation with her regarding the issue of verbal abuse directed toward women while playing online games. Apparently, this is a widespread issue among gamers. Unfortunately, it's an issue with WGT as well.

If it happens again, take screenshots and report it to WGT. On issues like this, I would send the message to a moderator and include the screenshots. 

I've had better response from moderators than I did by sending reports directly to WGT. A few years ago, a report I sent to WGT customer service got my account disabled for a couple of days. Long story. While it was restored, I decided never to go to customer service again with issues like these.

Next time it happened, I sent a message to a moderator. The moderator made sure that appropriate action was taken. (Of course, see CT's cautionary tale.)

Best of luck and hopefully it doesn't happen again.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 7:42 AM

HamdenPro:

Not just in game play. Same applies to the forums. Those people should be called out when they post and put to task.

Seems like no one wants to do that.  Fear of moderation prevents decent people from doing the right thing - IMHO

100% agree with first part and 100% disagree on 2nd. 

Do locks prevent decent people from robbing your home? 

Robert1893:

I have a niece who is very active in the gaming community. Recently, I had a conversation with her regarding the issue of verbal abuse directed toward women while playing online games. Apparently, this is a widespread issue among gamers. Unfortunately, it's an issue with WGT as well.

Daughter for me, the things she has told me are pretty bad.

HP is right in that Decent people have to speak up- banning them or whatever doesn't really change anything and may reinforce the person who talks to woman this way.

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 8:16 AM

PureGro1:

HP is right in that Decent people have to speak up- banning them or whatever doesn't really change anything and may reinforce the person who talks to woman this way.

I agree.

Personally, I'd much rather see a conversation about this issue than the one in other thread. I get it. It's not an either/or.

But the reality is what gets highlighted or focused on makes a difference. I prefer the focus be on issues of more weighty substance. 

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 8:31 AM

(Of course, see CT's cautionary tale.);

@Robert;

Cautionary tales are my specialty; on here and IRL  I tend to learn everything the hard way...lol

ct

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2022 9:15 AM

😀

RSS