Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Switching Avatars Not Working Properly

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 13 2021 7:28 AM (7 replies)
  • mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 5:04 AM

I am reporting a bug in the system but not sure where to post it so I am starting here.

I usually play the Male avatar but sometimes I like to switch to the Female avatar when I receive a new apparel item as the look is sometimes totally different.

Issue has recently started in last few weeks.

When I switch from Male to Female avatar with the Stars and Strips Apparel it makes the change and I can then play a round with the female avatar.  But after that round is complete the system diverts back to the male version with the basic apparel options.  Someone needs to check the code and rewrite so the system will remember the changed avatar status.

Thanks for you help and if you read this and know where it should be posted please pass this message along to someone who can provide the help.

Thank You,

Michael

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 5:46 AM

Good day Micheal.

This has been reported many times over the last month or so. I seem to recall a response from one of the mods in one of the plethora of threads. 

Hang in there my friend

Don

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 6:25 AM

Don,

Thanks for the update my friend. 

For now I will just stick with the Male avatar as usual but we former Bridgestone Country Club members do like our Skort as to show off our legs and it use to mean we had made it to Legend back in the day.  

Great memories and Great friends made along the way.

You are a gentleman and a scholar Don.

Take care,

Michael

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 6:31 AM

mrm6400:
    former Bridgestone Country Club members do like our Skort as to show off our legs

Oh indeed... I used mine right up until I switched to the new version. Unfortunately, my avatar has not yet been made available in the new version. Hopefully WGT is working on it. I do miss it so.

Don

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 3:47 PM

TopShelf2010:
    This has been reported many times over the last month or so. I seem to recall a response from one of the mods in one of the plethora of threads. 

See this thread for WGT's response.

https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/664788/4459872.aspx#4459872

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2021 6:31 AM

Don,

Have you upgraded your golfer abilities for 500 credits yet.

When you click on edit apparel you will see the box on top right and once you click on it and spend the 500 credits to upgrade golfer abilities you will have 2 sections of choices.  One for performance and one for appearance.  

You can switch back and forth from male to female then.

Glitch that is happening to some of us now is that it does not remember or save your choices it keep defaulting back to original basic version.

They are aware of it but have not heard anything about when we can expect updates.

Thanks friend,

Michael

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2021 6:43 AM

mrm6400:
    Have you upgraded your golfer abilities for 500 credits yet

Yes I have Michael. It was one of my first learning experiences on PCEA. 

When I first started playing the new version, I was going through clicking away on any and everything using up my coins. I did not realize the Appearance option was Credits not Coins. LOL.

What I was referring too about my avatar, was the actual look. While some of the flash versions have been created, the particular avatar that I was using is not yet available. I will see if I can locate a old picture of the avatar I am talking about. I cannot for the life of me remember the name.

Good day Sir.

Don

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Sat, Feb 13 2021 7:28 AM

Don,

Okay now I understand. You are waiting for the actual avatar from Flash to become available like Disco Balls or which one you prefer.  I just wanted to make sure.

Looks like it takes WGT longer than we were hoping for for the roll out of all the old Flash avatar's.  In the meantime we can only hope they are working the bugs out on our ability to save the avatar and look we want and it actually remember it....lol

Nothing to do but wait and claim the new looks in our inbox once they become available.

I think I had the Disco balls avatar as Steve or Pete sent it to me long time ago when I made Legend.  Should be coming soon I hope.

Take care my friend,

Michael

RSS