Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Opponent Forfeit During Showdown

Sat, Sep 25 2021 2:05 PM (49 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2021 2:34 PM

i don't really need the concession. I know I'm better.

note that doesn't make me great.

Your standard of play is just so poor it sets a low bar.

The point wasn't about  being the better player.  that's obvious to just about everyone but you.

No the point was to get you to agree to a wager that would make it so no one would ever have to be misled by your posts again. Make it so that we don't have to correct you just about every day. and finally to make it so that I don't burn up another mouse scrolling past all your redundant BS.

Basically a betterment for the forum community.

I knew you'd never risk it. Psychologically You have to be "heard". You have an incessant childlike desire for attention. That means more to you than losing the actual golf game.

Remember when you ever get done with the beginner coin rooms and picking on lowbies to boost your ego  you can find me in Tokyo just about every night. occasionally in Bellagio. I'll be nice. I won't say a word. I rarely do anyway. I just play and smoke cigars. One hole match is your best bet. You have a 10% chance of beating me. whereas in 18 holes it's more like 1%.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2021 4:07 PM

As one who never usually comes to these forums...I was drawn here as I found the subject matter truly fascinating (and most entertaining).

After reading each post carefully, I have only 1 question:

Is pdb1 actually Dneirf?

Seriously, I want to know.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2021 4:51 PM

pdb1:

Just once I would like to see a comment from a member . Far removed from this group and myself . Someone with no skin in the game .

I fit into this category. I really don't care about you or the others. Frankly I can't believe you or these others are productive members of society. The amount of time you spend here posting absolute juvenile nonsense is staggering. 

I have no favorites so I'll be reporting this thread and the lot of you. Thank you for inviting an outsider to comment. Now you have it. 

~CD~

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2021 5:53 PM

CerinoDevoti:
    I have no favorites so I'll be reporting this thread and the lot of you

is Cerino   Italian for Karen???

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 1:46 PM

Actually, cerino, in Italian, means "cash"...in case you really wanted to know.

I for one, think it is a cool name : )

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2021 8:10 AM

Reading through these forums, Makes me think WGT will probably not keep these up in next couple of years...

HamdenPro:

Is pdb1 actually Dneirf?

Yes, sure looks like it.

CerinoDevoti:
    I fit into this category. I really don't care about you or the others. Frankly I can't believe you or these others are productive members of society. The amount of time you spend here posting absolute juvenile nonsense is staggering. 

+1 pretty absurd

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2021 11:06 AM

OMG...you are so right!!!

I was in Showdown, playing the 10th hole (out of 18 in elimination round). I was sitting -5 after first 9.  On the 11th hole (on Pinehurt) the dude bailed on me (I had parred the 10th and he dbled).  He just kept spinning...I sent message "are u still here?", no reply, then screen says Pause while Reconnecting. When it was reconnecting and loading, opponent's timer was getting down to 7 seconds (he totally was not coming back!). I closed the WGT window (on my window) before he was down to 0 .

When I reloaded, it took me to normal WGT home screen and when I went to Showdown, my progress through the first 9, and score, was same. I started next round and I was back on #10 Pinehurst as if nothing ever happened (except new opponent..).

Thank you for you advice about closing game!!

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2021 5:57 PM

Mythanatos:

do not hit cancel. cancel will give you the bogeys.

close the app and restart it. you'll have to replay those three holes but you won't get the bogeys.

it is still a hit or miss as to whether this works or not - even when you avoid the cancel button like a plague - if the other players are likely doing something on their end to contribute to the game locking up or stalling out - it could also be impacting whether you get back in the game. 

I was hit once again by the bogey bug - I have played enough to know what to not do and what can work to avoid it most of the time...

bigger issue is WGT is ultimately responsible for this game - they charge people money to play it after all and expect to sell clubs and balls to people - they have failed miserably at addressing this issue. I have yet to receive or read any advice or tips by WGT about how to avoid this ongoing problem.

Their solution is to reimburse players- but it does not reimburse players their time or ball use over the course of all the rounds played.  

Just sad that this problem persist after all this time.  

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2021 11:18 AM

It happened again, final round of Showdown. Last 3 holes on Pebble Beach. I was matched with a Level 86 Tour Pro. I parred the first hole (a par 3), he bogied. Second hole was the dogleg right (tree in way) par 5. I hit my second shot to trap in front left, he hit his third to same trap and fourth still in trap. We start spinning, eventually go to "Pause - Reconnecting" and then start up screen. I closed the window, reloaded game and it brought me back to main screen. When I went to Showdown, nothing changed and I got to start last 3 holes over again (same holes) and I went birdie, par, eagle....lol...So, I got luck with a re-do!!!

So far, closing window, after closing game and reloading has worked but I know, based upon prior comments, just lucky!!!

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2021 2:05 PM

RSS