Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Blocking opponents h2h

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 3 2021 7:33 AM (5 replies)
  • Incognido22
    10 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 5:43 AM

I like many have issue w/ opponents aborting/quitting games once they are losing or for  whatever reasons, and if that happens while using your CC pass then you lose out on the club XP’s. Ex: opponent quits on 5th hole of 18 and nothing you can do about it, resulting in loss of club xp’s for no fault of your own and obviously you also lose that Pass. 
    Is there something that could be done to make it fair for users?

I used to take screen shots of the opponents name and then go to “Add Freind” and search for them and block them so that I can avoid that type of player..... problem is, y’all changed something and now I cannot block player by using that same process. I realize you can still block opponents when in the match but once they quit on you and ruin your club pass, nothing you can do about it. 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 1:18 PM

Formerly (in the Flash game) you could block players from communicating with you - wall posts, game invitations, but not from chance encounters in the games.

I suppose that this may have been duplicated to the apps.

• SamSpayed
    4,898 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2021 1:14 PM

Incognido22:
    I used to take screen shots of the opponents name and then go to “Add Freind” and search for them and block them so that I can avoid that type of player..... problem is, y’all changed something and now I cannot block player by using that same process.

You can still block players here on this website.  Click on your name in the left nav bar, then click MY ACCOUNT, then click BLOCK PLAYERS in the upper right and enter their name.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2021 1:34 PM

Incognido22:
    I like many have issue w/ opponents aborting/quitting games once they are losing or for  whatever reasons, and if that happens while using your CC pass then you lose out on the club XP’s

Not entirely. Your daily XPs are awarded as soon as you take one swing. The only thing you lose is the stroke total, the format bonus and any CC bonus %. You get whatever the daily number is right away.  :-)

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2021 3:57 PM

YankeeJim:
    Not entirely.
    +1!

Alas, after the CDP, each stroke is counted immediately in the personal and CC accounts, even with the %% IIRC.

AFAIK, you only lose the game completion + any awards boni + their %%. And, of course, you won't see the tab numbers at the (missing) end. Some may confuse these with the actual credits.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2021 7:33 AM

Incognido22:

I like many have issue w/ opponents aborting/quitting games once they are losing or for  whatever reasons, and if that happens while using your CC pass then you lose out on the club XP’s. Ex: opponent quits on 5th hole of 18 and nothing you can do about it, resulting in loss of club xp’s for no fault of your own and obviously you also lose that Pass. 
    Is there something that could be done to make it fair for users?

I used to take screen shots of the opponents name and then go to “Add Freind” and search for them and block them so that I can avoid that type of player..... problem is, y’all changed something and now I cannot block player by using that same process. I realize you can still block opponents when in the match but once they quit on you and ruin your club pass, nothing you can do about it. 

a Few things here.

The vast majority of the XP is in the first  daily bonus. and that's where you should be using your pass. You will get that regardless if they quit on you as long as you got one swing in.  Thousands of XP vs 50-100 or so. 

Forfeiting is good not bad. Especially when playing a sponsor.  It saves time and you can go on to the next coin game. Maximizing your return.

Blocking people does not prevent you from playing them again. It merely blocks their in game  chat messages and I believe posting on your wall. 

RSS