Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Maybe I gotta Upgrade some More..

Tue, Feb 2 2021 9:14 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Markofteja
    251 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2021 9:01 PM

Yeah I've already realized the importance of good wedges and irons. The 52 I have is pretty ineffective given that it's yardage is very close to the irons. I feel like I need a 56 and a 64 to go with the 60 to have even spacing.

• Markofteja
    251 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2021 10:35 PM

My replies seem to show up a day late. Strange!

I got myself two vokeys and will probably get a 60 too. I like the high trajectory. Tho I must say that perhaps I shopped a bit too much too soon, coz now my shot calibration is all over the place. Esp putting.

However, I am tempted to get some high trajectory irons. There is just something about a shot that is soaring to the skies.

• beerstine
    656 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 11:14 AM

I was exactly where you were about 6 months ago with many of the same clubs.  The earliest high trajectory irons are the L59 Pings which are good clubs, but have low forgiveness.  If you''re not a solid ding hitter, they can be erratic until you get more consistent.

Those Titleist irons with a higher spin ball like the GI2-S or a premium ball can get you up to the L75-85 Irons sets if money or staying off a constant upgrade cycle is an issue.

• Markofteja
    251 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 6:30 PM

pdb1:

Markofteja:
    My replies seem to show up a day late. Strange!

Do you see this irritating message every time you post ?

If you do . And you think you shouldn't . You can message WGTIcon , WGTShamwow on their walls and ask them to lift your moderation .

They probably will .

Thanks Man I appreciate it.

• Markofteja
    251 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2021 6:31 PM

beerstine:

I was exactly where you were about 6 months ago with many of the same clubs.  The earliest high trajectory irons are the L59 Pings which are good clubs, but have low forgiveness.  If you''re not a solid ding hitter, they can be erratic until you get more consistent.

Those Titleist irons with a higher spin ball like the GI2-S or a premium ball can get you up to the L75-85 Irons sets if money or staying off a constant upgrade cycle is an issue.

Yeah I am not a solid ding hitter. I think I will stick to what I have so far and try to learn the clubs better. I don't think a spending spree is going to help me.

• Markofteja
    251 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2021 9:14 AM

pdb1:

Here . Try a set of these irons :

These haven’t unlocked for me yet . 

• PAGES
RSS