Re: *** Downtime tonight 1/26/21 ***

Fri, Jan 29 2021 7:41 AM (60 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2021 4:13 PM

BPeterson8256:

TopShelf2010:

Just curious...

When running the Launcher and go to your Country Club home page, has there always been Player Chat feature? I just recently noticed this. Looks primitive but a nice feature nonetheless.

Don

One note on this... I try to get club members to not use it. Although it works well on mobile, most of the time I can't post on it using my PC. I think out of 10+ times it has worked once for me. I end up having to log in on my phone and guide members to the forum.

I am hoping they will eventually get a decent way to message using the new platform.

It does but you don't see what you typed until you exit the chat and reenter it. Little awkward but consistent.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2021 4:23 PM

JDGHOST:
    But the fact that nobody has even responded to the massive Issue #1. of the inability to get a Random multiplayer game in every format except "Coin Crush" rooms

You missed that part, Champ explained it a bit. Read his post and you'll get the sense of the crush that's going on at WGT right now. He alludes to that lessening and was positive about exactly what you and a zillion others are yelling about, myself included.

This harkens back to what Flash went through in evolving-a painfully slow process across many updates. I'm anticipating the slog back through the Beta woods while WGT figures it out. They'll get there, just not as fast as we all want.

In the meantime, we get nuggets like getting rid of that obnoxious flashing chat message. TYVM for that at least. It's gonna take some patience but the game is infintely playable and Flash is becoming a distant memory, as I suspect it probably is for many of my ilk.  ;-)

• JDGHOST
    6,776 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2021 7:08 PM

YankeeJim:

JDGHOST:
    But the fact that nobody has even responded to the massive Issue #1. of the inability to get a Random multiplayer game in every format except "Coin Crush" rooms

You missed that part, Champ explained it a bit. Read his post and you'll get the sense of the crush that's going on at WGT right now. He alludes to that lessening and was positive about exactly what you and a zillion others are yelling about, myself included.

This harkens back to what Flash went through in evolving-a painfully slow process across many updates. I'm anticipating the slog back through the Beta woods while WGT figures it out. They'll get there, just not as fast as we all want.

In the meantime, we get nuggets like getting rid of that obnoxious flashing chat message. TYVM for that at least. It's gonna take some patience but the game is infinitely playable and Flash is becoming a distant memory, as I suspect it probably is for many of my ilk.  ;-)

Just seen Champ's post Jim and I agree some good news there !! The fact that Champ acknowledged that they are at aware of the 2 top priority Issue's is at least something...

The sound of "Crickets" from WGT had been deafening !!

4,131 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2021 7:46 PM

Just noticed my favorite all black, plain "Fan Choice" hat with no logo has been changed.  I immediately noticed when I equipped my avatar.  It's now a dark charcoal color and looks like it's made from leather.  It has a sheen to it.   No longer black looking like fabric.  Not the same look at all, not even close.

But when viewed in the pro shop, it looks as it always has.  It is the correct hat.  The one on my head isn't!

I know, hardly a big issue, I just want my favorite hat back.

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 3:33 AM

borntobesting:

largemouth51:

I see in the pro shop the stars and stripe pants/skirts. Are these the replacements for the avatars we purchased in the flash version?

Have you checked your inbox on the new version? If you owned those avatars you will have those apparel pieces in your inbox. 

Yes they were not there the first time I went in this morning but they did show up the next time I opened the game

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 10:37 AM
    I have just returned (missed about 10 days) now I can't purchase balls !? I was going to cheap out and get some cheap WGT balls to last me until monday which is pay day. I have 3 more credits than I need but a pop up comes up and says "insufficient funds". What a joke or should I say insult.
  • twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 10:53 AM

bypass07:
    now I can't purchase balls !?

Sent ya a sleeve of your regular Callies I think, hope it helps til you get it straightened out!

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 12:58 PM

I don't really give a sh it what they do with the game, I play it as it is and as I want. How hard can it be to put the numbered camera angles on the mini map---like the flash version--- instead of at the bottom of the screen and then they have a second set of numbered camera angles on the mini map that do nothing. Don't need 2 sets of numbers for camera angles IMHO.  Cheers

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 1:50 PM

callaghan159:
    they have a second set of numbered camera angles on the mini map that do nothing.

They're not supposed to. They're just numbered so you can click the one you want  at the bottom or enter the number on the keypad. I think it's tailored to the small screens.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 2:59 PM

Plus, the ability to click the numbered cameras on the minimap on flash was sometimes screwing with being able to move the aimer around on the map. The drive on PB #16 and 2nd shot on Erin #14 come to mind, but there were other occasions as well. It's nice not needing to zoom in the shot, just to be able to aim it. 

RSS