Forums

Help › Forums

Re: "Game Ended Without a Winner" Error

Fri, Mar 25 2022 1:22 AM (38 replies)
  • Lesthanpar
    1,448 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 11:16 PM

People have always quit games no matter what mode alt shot, stroke, skins or whatever. What is so strange about his is that it often happens in a close match tied or 1 hole difference. People do not usually quit when tied or winning unless something or someone ticked them off. The last game this happened to me we were tied going into the last hole. Everyone had gotten along well in chat there were no problems so I find it hard to believe someone just quit. We all wanted to finish the game win or lose. I suppose it is possible someone lost internet connection and I could believe this was the cause if it did not happen very often but it foes. This is a glitch that needs to be fixed.

• WTR55
    25 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2021 2:54 PM

Same issues, same conditions, game just ENDS> This has happened in the past, but since the last pgm. update, its Riot city, almost EVERY Alt SHot game I played this week and weekend has ended like this. FIX IT PLEASE!!!!!

• DanielT5
    2,035 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2021 3:48 PM

pdb1:

More info on the

"Game Ended Without a Winner" Error .

Regarding alt shot rounds .

As I now have the screen shots for almost every scenario .

So I have these facts now .

The error happens when

1)  A participant leaves the game in an alt shot round . Not allowing a restart .

I'm not sure restarts are even possible in alt shot PCEA .

2) No matter the score . The win goes to the team that did not opt out of the game .

Simple as that .

In answering this you may be correct in that wgt pcea version does not allow a player to exit wgt and re-enter the game. This was easily done in flash as I even exited wgt and changed browsers and re-entered into the same game.

a. Sometimes when a player exits it Will display player reconnecting and allows 45 seconds for reconnect. I have exited by closing out wgt in an alt game, reconnected in the time frame allowed, and the game resumed. 

So, obviously the programmers did not program correctly for this option in the new version. Which means it is a problem on wgt side and they need to fix it if they can.

Just my 2 cents.

RSS