Help › Forums

Re: "Game Ended Without a Winner" Error

Thu, May 6 2021 6:39 PM (34 replies)
  • pdb1
    21,527 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2021 5:07 PM

SamSpayed:

pdb1:
    A player flaked out first . That player caused the match to end early .

This is absolutely not true.

It is true . It has happened in a couple of the few alt shot games I have played .

Either the player flaked . Or the player lost connection to WGT .

Either way . The game ends . Hard to prove which . Unless you know the player . There has been a couple I did not know . I left a message on their wall inquiring . But no response .

SamSpayed:
    Either way, the problem is on WGT's side.  WGT needs to investigate their code and their network logs (and do some testing) to figure out what's happening.

Yes .

• pdb1
    21,527 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2021 7:00 PM

RESUME FAILED

Do you want to know what's worse ? I already have to deal with an excessive load time . For any round . Single or Multiplayer .

For instance . A coin game . When we get to the tee . " game paused while reconnecting " . Which means the player got tired of waiting for the game to load .

Most of the time the opponent will have the choice to resume . If they are smart . They will choose to resume . But will have to wait for the same long load as originally . If they choose not to . They will forfeit . Lose . And I get the win and the coins .

But . What is happening more and more . Is they leave the game earlier than the complete load . When it gets to " game paused while reconnecting " . Then instead of reconnecting . Up comes the " RESUME FAILED " prompt . Game client reloads . I am minus my coins .

I shouldn't lose my coins because my opponent knows to click out early .

Fortunately I screen shot every match up . I do eventually get my coins back .

But the long loads . The glitches . Are very frustrating . I actually have begun to hate it . Because of the inconvenience I am placing on my opponents . And I'm not usually a hater .

This can and does happen in every mode . Constantly .

• Lesthanpar
    1,155 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 11:16 PM

People have always quit games no matter what mode alt shot, stroke, skins or whatever. What is so strange about his is that it often happens in a close match tied or 1 hole difference. People do not usually quit when tied or winning unless something or someone ticked them off. The last game this happened to me we were tied going into the last hole. Everyone had gotten along well in chat there were no problems so I find it hard to believe someone just quit. We all wanted to finish the game win or lose. I suppose it is possible someone lost internet connection and I could believe this was the cause if it did not happen very often but it foes. This is a glitch that needs to be fixed.

• pdb1
    21,527 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2021 9:31 PM

I am wondering how far into the game . Or by what hole determines that

"Game Ended Without a Winner".

Does end with a winner ?

The reason I am wondering is that almost all of the Alt shot rounds I play . End when a disgruntled player is not happy with the way he is playing . Or does not like his partners shots . You can see it and feel it . So the guy clicks out .So .

And clicking on the profiles of each team . There is no record of the match . But these are ended in the 1st , 3rd , 6th holes .

The one that made it to the 9th hole . My P and I caught up and pulled ahead by 1 . The other team disconnected . And

But this time . The win showed up on my profile . I just wonder if it is determined by getting to the 9th hole ? I also bet no one knows . Lol .

It happened on the 1st hole tonight . The other team Tour Legend tees off . Slices it wide into the rough . When his Legend P's shot comes up . He says " How the expletive did I get here ? " . His P says " It was my messed up tee shot . Next thing I know .

It was pretty obvious .

• pdb1
    21,527 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2021 8:09 AM

Now that I have played more alt shot rounds . In PCEA . I am more able to see what is going on with the .

In alt shot . It appears that there is no doubt that the prompt is caused by a player leaving the game .

I don't think that in alt shot . The ability to restart and reconnect is enabled .

It has become more obvious . As I am the one with the longest load time . When I arrive at the tee . Last . If it doesn't begin with all 4 players . This what I see .

No option to

" GAME PAUSED WHILE RECONNECTING ".

Yesterday when I arrived to the tee. Before the first tee . They were all gone .

But I talked to my P . He waited but the other players left . We got the win without playing a hole .

So the answer is . There is no amount of holes . In alt shot . If the opponent of the host leaves . The host team gets the win .

In other modes like Coins Stroke . With 2 players . If the other player leaves . The game usually tries to restart and reconnect .

First . When I get to the tee . The the screen will quickly flash .

" GAME PAUSED WHILE RECONNECTING ".

It will then go to the invite screen . The player reaccepts the invite . Then we both sit there through my long load again .

If he decides to wait this time . We will continue . Or play the game .If he doesn't wait .

What is supposed to happen is He forfeits . I get the win and the coins . Because I never left the game that I started and invited .

But half the time . I will get this .

Which is incorrect . And only because my load is slower . In that case . I get the forfeit . He gets the win and the coins . This is an error in the program . WGT is aware of it .

• pdb1
    21,527 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2021 8:46 AM

Yesterday was the craziest couple of coin game yet . We were teeing off on the third and final hole . When the game froze . We continued chatting back and forth . I am sure we both had no intention of leaving the game and restarting .

I even said " You can try restarting if you want " . Lol . No response there .

All of a sudden . After nearly 10 minutes . The game reset . Back to the invite screen . I think he is asked to reaccept . He did .

We had to wait through my long load . Finally get to the tee . But

" GAME PAUSED WHILE RECONNECTING "

Back to the invite screen . He accepts .

Wait for my long load again . Get to the tee . There he is . We play the last hole . And all is good .

The next round ( 3 hole coin game ) . Was unfcknbelieveable . We got to the second hole . The game freezes again .

Again neither of us were about to restart on our own . I said " If we wait long enough the game will restart . " So we wait and wait and wait .

I get bored . Start clicking around . Trying to trigger a restart . I click the launcher . As you know . It will say something like " CANNOT START WHILE ANOTHER VERSION IS LOADED "  Or something like that .

Well guess what ? Not that time . The launcher loads . Then the original screen goes into restart . The invite screen comes up . I am curious if the new launcher will pick up the current game . Lol .

It does by golly . There I am with 2 of the same games and players loading up .But that screen was too quick for me to screenshot . ( I thought I had ) . But then they both went to the coin lobby .

Lol . Right ?

That caused a couple error screens . That I thought I saved . But finally I get

I clicked them both off .

Fun Fun Fun .

• WTR55
    23 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2021 2:54 PM

Same issues, same conditions, game just ENDS> This has happened in the past, but since the last pgm. update, its Riot city, almost EVERY Alt SHot game I played this week and weekend has ended like this. FIX IT PLEASE!!!!!

• pdb1
    21,527 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2021 4:11 PM

More info on the

"Game Ended Without a Winner" Error .

Regarding alt shot rounds .

As I now have the screen shots for almost every scenario .

So I have these facts now .

The error happens when

1)  A participant leaves the game in an alt shot round . Not allowing a restart .

I'm not sure restarts are even possible in alt shot PCEA .

2) No matter the score . The win goes to the team that did not opt out of the game .

Simple as that .

• DanielT5
    1,710 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2021 3:48 PM

pdb1:

More info on the

"Game Ended Without a Winner" Error .

Regarding alt shot rounds .

As I now have the screen shots for almost every scenario .

So I have these facts now .

The error happens when

1)  A participant leaves the game in an alt shot round . Not allowing a restart .

I'm not sure restarts are even possible in alt shot PCEA .

2) No matter the score . The win goes to the team that did not opt out of the game .

Simple as that .

In answering this you may be correct in that wgt pcea version does not allow a player to exit wgt and re-enter the game. This was easily done in flash as I even exited wgt and changed browsers and re-entered into the same game.

a. Sometimes when a player exits it Will display player reconnecting and allows 45 seconds for reconnect. I have exited by closing out wgt in an alt game, reconnected in the time frame allowed, and the game resumed. 

So, obviously the programmers did not program correctly for this option in the new version. Which means it is a problem on wgt side and they need to fix it if they can.

Just my 2 cents.

• pdb1
    21,527 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2021 4:22 PM

DanielT5:

In answering this you may be correct in that wgt pcea version does not allow a player to exit wgt and re-enter the game. This was easily done in flash as I even exited wgt and changed browsers and re-entered into the same game.

a. Sometimes when a player exits it Will display player reconnecting and allows 45 seconds for reconnect. I have exited by closing out wgt in an alt game, reconnected in the time frame allowed, and the game resumed. 

So, obviously the programmers did not program correctly for this option in the new version. Which means it is a problem on wgt side and they need to fix it if they can.

And as you can see . I am quite passionate and serious about getting these answers as well . I still have not seen an alt shot round restart and continue in PCEA .There remains many other issues I encounter everyday .

Like awarding the win to a quitter . That exits before I even get to the tee .

Another weird thing . I had to reply to my message above this . As there was no reply prompt on your post .

edit : Therefore I had copy and paste your post and edit in the quote code .

DanielT5:

RSS