Forums

Help › Forums

Re: "Game Ended Without a Winner" Error

Fri, Mar 25 2022 1:22 AM (38 replies)
  • JeezusCheeznutts
    5 Posts
    Fri, Feb 26 2021 6:48 PM

WTH? Twice already tonite "game ended without winner" when opponent quit or let time expire when their team was behind. Of course its only a computer game but still BS after wasting an hour of my Friday night.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2021 2:53 PM

I would hazard a guess as to what is happening, as have experienced this a number of times. 

The "flash" version of the game etiquette for AS (or other multi-player" games) when someone was losing and wanted out was to either cc a 2 putt for the win, or forfeit the hole when you know you will lose anyway. 

However we are now often playing those who got into the game on mobile, in coin rooms, where folks are accustomed to just leaving the game when losing, and the coins go to your opponent. 

In other words what used to be considered "rude" is now commonplace. 

As to why the "no winner message" when in fact there is a winner, clueless on that point. 

Win-Win Situation - Imgflip

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sun, Feb 28 2021 12:30 PM

borntobesting:

Dharla:

It may say "without a winner" but EVERY time it has happened to me (and it has been dozens of times) there has ALWAYS been a winner. Usually it is the team that is ahead but not always. I think it tries to give the win to the leading team but when the match is tied I think it just picks randomly. Either way it is yet another bug to add to the extremely long list of needed fixes.

She is correct, I hadn't checked it. On my activities it shows me and my partner winning the Alt shot match, 

Agreed - Dharla is correct.  I just checked one of our opponent's Activity on the day where we got the errors, and it does indeed show them winning all 3 Alt Shot matches against me and my partner.  

None of our matches ever showed anyone disconnecting or gave us a chance to come back in.  Just... boom... game ended.

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 3:29 PM

This error makes it no fun to play alt games anymore. Another thing that made alt games fun for me is chatting with the other players but now chat locks up on me much of the time. I cannot see or respond to chat then the game suddenly ends without a winner. Not that care so much who wins but it just makes it no fun,

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2021 1:00 AM

pdb1:

It may say "without a winner" but EVERY time it has happened to me (and it has been dozens of times) there has ALWAYS been a winner.

Since it has been determined that there is a winner . We should not pay attention to the prompt . The game ended anyway . If you look on your activity . You will see who won . 

Lesthanpar:
    Another thing that made alt games fun for me is chatting with the other players but now chat locks up on me much of the time.

That is a problem . 

Who wins is no big deal but it would be nice to be able to play it out. Last time did that I believe were tied so we had a good  fun match going that would have been fun to finish regardless of the winner. I see your point but this is a glitch that needs to be fixed.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2021 12:31 PM

pdb1:
    A player flaked out first . That player caused the match to end early .

This is absolutely not true.

If a player purposely quits the game or the app, or loses his connection, everyone gets a "Game Paused While Reconnecting" message.  WGT does not end the game immediately.  It gives the player about 40 seconds or so to return to the game.  I've seen it happen dozens of times.

The "Game Ended Without A Winner" message is different.  It happens either when WGT loses its persistent connection to one or more of the players, or they simply can't sync the game up between all the players.  Either way, the problem is on WGT's side.  WGT needs to investigate their code and their network logs (and do some testing) to figure out what's happening.

RSS