Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Showdowns need to be revisited

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 25 2021 4:02 PM (5 replies)
  • Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2021 12:50 AM

I don't believe I'll be playing any more showdowns. Reason quite simple. Even as a newly promoted TL, I simply can not compete against all these Champs and Tour Champs now playing rookie and veterans divisions. 

With the loss of flash and many thousands upon thousands of Champs and Tour Champs switching to PCEA , in my humble opinion it would be great if management revisited the entry requirements for this competition. Its a great comp and the only time I play coin rooms. I will miss not playing, but whats the point.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2021 8:13 AM

I'm a Champ and chose to play in the rookie bracket of the current showdown.  Not by much choice, didn't have enough coin or credits to partake in the higher brackets.  

Funny thing though, 1st and 2nd place are currently held by Tour Masters and 3rd place is a Legend.

Since I'm returning to the game after almost a year break, it's hard compete with the lower tiers with their higher apparel upgrades since they've played the new version of WGT more than I have.  

Before my break from WGT I played the rookie bracket simply due to the prizes.  The ball prize mainly as at the time it was the ball I played.  Didn't want to win balls I didn't plan on restocking and having to relearn.

• BWerthy
    1,009 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2021 9:06 AM

It has gotten tougher over the last few months as the flash players moved over  I don’t disagree though, there should be tiered showdowns

But for me now it is the bogey glitch needs to be fixed. My opponent forfeited before we finished the first hole and although I was allowed to finish my 3 holes I was still assessed 3 bogeys. Still not sure why that happened 

• beerstine
    656 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2021 11:22 AM

Keep the three levels to accommodate the players who don't want to play for higher stakes but make each flight tier-specific.  Let the Tour Pros play each other, Legends vs. Legends etc.

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2021 3:01 PM

I don't think they need to be revisited, mainly because I've never visited them in the first place.

Playing with Goodwill store clothing on my avatar, 2 million coins in my account and never have used one. Stick all that attribute altering crap where the sun don't shine.

7 year veteran champ with 2260 consecutive days played and just barely hanging on here to the remnants of the pre-arcade era.

All the complaints I've seen about these showdowns puts them right there with the worthless clash.

Just MHO.

• Tabarnak777
    166 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2021 4:02 PM

Apparels can act like poisonous gifts. If you are used to specific iron distances for example, just don't pick apparels that can boost distance and spin(tha't what i do).

I only pick distance boost for my driver and 3 woods. Others for precision stuff.

RSS