Help › Forums

Re: Promises promises

Wed, Jan 27 2021 7:31 AM (9 replies)
  • fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2021 12:49 PM

1. Bandon Dunes promised but not here

2. Torrey Pines in the spring no date

3. Customer Service contact with issues. When contacted reply with vague info and very rarely answer the question that was posed.

4. Correction of issues with the game. Very little corrections of issues. We are blamed for having internet issues when everyone you are playing with has the same issue and all or most have different internet providers. The only thing we have in common is connected to a wgt hub witch links us to the game.

What we do have are Clashes. Truf Wars, Showdowns  to generate cash flow to fix the game issues but never happen.

Alt shot game that will not generate

Match play games that will not generate

Apparel enhancements that will not work in club tournaments

No response from wgt on what is going on with what they are doing to improve the issues that are found in the game. It would be nice from time to time to hear updates that are going and what wgt is doing to fix the issues.

Rant over    fireman 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2021 10:17 PM

The famous player Dante Alighieri wrote about the game in the 1300s:

"Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate!"(Abandon all hope ye who enter here)

And, some player in the delta quadrant voiced his experience like this:

"They are WGT - any hope is futile!"

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2021 11:21 PM
    The only way they will listen, is if you quit spending. Hit them where it hurts, pocketbook. Op said, everything that we pay to play, is fine, so............
  • EricW55
    36 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2021 1:34 AM

Luckystar5:
    The only way they will listen, is if you quit spending. Hit them where it hurts, pocketbook. Op said, everything that we pay to play, is fine, so............

Sadly true but it doesn't make any difference.  I was spending nearly $50 AUD per week while I could compete.  Got punished for it and fast tracked into Legend tier on week 5 at level 72.  Tried, hard, but it was no use against players with 6-10 times the experience and superior equipment.

Trapped, and no way out.  I tried asking customer service for their advice on how I should go about working with the hand they've dealt me.  EXACTLY like the OP stated, they responded 3 days later telling me that if I click on my avatar I can check my XP level......but I should note that each level needs more XP.....................................................

Unfortunately a Great game, ruined by an archaic and ridiculous structure and even worse customer care and support.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2021 5:12 AM

alosso:

The famous player Dante Alighieri wrote about the game in the 1300s:

"Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate!"(Abandon all hope ye who enter here)

And, some player in the delta quadrant voiced his experience like this:

"They are WGT - any hope is futile!"

Are you suggesting that WGT should be called "The Devine Comedy" and  is the beginning of my journey to Hell??? 😲

• Knockitoff
    79 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2021 11:43 AM

Bandon has been around for at least a month, in Stroke/AS/Match.  Finding games across the format ( I rarely do coin games, don't care) has been much better over the last month too.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2021 1:20 PM

Knockitoff:

Bandon has been around for at least a month, in Stroke/AS/Match.  Finding games across the format ( I rarely do coin games, don't care) has been much better over the last month too.

Not the Bandon the OP was referring to. WGT said over a year ago, that they plan to introduce a normal 18 hole Bandon course in 2020 along with the Bandon par 3 course we have for years now ;-) And they didn't. But I really have no doubt we'll be getting Torrey pines and looking forward to it. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2021 1:57 PM

JDGHOST:
    Are you suggesting that WGT should be called "The Devine Comedy" and  is the beginning of my journey to Hell??? 😲
    Not so much divine I'm afraid.

And, you may be missing awareness to have passed the gate already! *har-har*

Too late for any resistance...

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2021 2:01 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    WGT said over a year ago, that they plan to introduce a normal 18 hole Bandon course in 2020
    Dunno the details of any promises, but none of the genuine Bandon courses has the length to withstand Legends and up!

Remember that they have(?) to use the genuine tee boxes!

• Knockitoff
    79 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2021 7:31 AM

Thanks for clarifying that.

RSS