Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Launcher Not Working

Fri, Jan 13 2023 9:54 AM (46 replies)
  • MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2021 8:37 PM

hardcore38:
    I am having the same problem and I have tried about thing I can and nothing works. Also sent Email to WGT w/ picture of small window but no help. Something changes over night because it was working fine the night before but next morning it would not. However the music is playing and you can see a small portion of the picture at the bottom of the box.

Did you try what it says to do in YankeeJim's post? (three posts before yours)

• BGregg1
    17 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2021 4:50 PM

The hold control thing didnt work for me and now mine spends a good 3-4 minutes any time I click the launcher "checking for launcher updates".  

• udayln
    1 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2021 6:40 AM

yes not maxmaz

just open one line on desktop 

• inlondonow13
    1 Posts
    Thu, Oct 14 2021 10:28 AM

WGT installed an update about 15 minutes ago for me, now it will not launch. I am on a laptop running Windows 10

• ChappyR
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2021 2:22 PM

I was having the same problem. I found that you can create a new folder when the launcher install asks for location to place launcher.

After doing as Yankee Jim suggested the new Launcher worked fine.

Thanks Jim...  ChappyR

• Hound611
    1 Posts
    Thu, Oct 21 2021 8:22 AM

what is going on update came on and i can`t load the game

• BKR1
    27 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2021 8:38 AM

I also have this problem. Running windows 10. I have been in contact with support, who told me to uninstall the game, then re-start the PC.Then delete the folder Topgolf here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Topgolf
    Then to re-start the PC again and install the app from wgt.com  I even re-started my PC after the game had downloaded new files, before getting the PLAY option. After doing all this, the game still do not launch.When clicking PLAY, a small box comes up with a progress bar in the bottom. After 2-3 sec. the box dissapears, and nothing more is happening.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2021 11:28 AM

BKR1:
    When clicking PLAY, a small box comes up with a progress bar in the bottom. After 2-3 sec. the box dissapears, and nothing more is happening.

you might need to try this once it gets to the small box. 
     View this post at https://www.wgt.com/forums/p/243693/4194088.aspx#uu

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2021 12:06 PM

ChappyR:

I was having the same problem. I found that you can create a new folder when the launcher install asks for location to place launcher.

After doing as Yankee Jim suggested the new Launcher worked fine.

Thanks Jim...  ChappyR

unfortunately Jim is no longer with us, He passed away In February of this year. 

• AlexNoodles
    5 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2021 3:47 AM

Same issue here, I found that I can run the game after a restart by running golf.exe in the golf subfolder.
    I then need to kill the crash handler process so I can maximize the game.

PITA, hopefully an update will fix this soon.

RSS