Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Launcher Not Working

Fri, Jan 13 2023 9:54 AM (46 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 3:34 PM

I believe you can do the same thing running revouninstaller and uninstalling through that program, run it in advance and only delete the bolded black, and all the files in the next screen.

And Jim, whether or not the OP will even see what you posted, he is now in a 3rd thread about his problem.

• DanPHogan
    41 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 6:09 PM

Thanks Jim.

Appreciate the help.  I tried all the steps exactly as you suggested and still no luck.  I even wiped everything from the install folder and tried installing to a new one.  Same thing.

I did notice, however that on initial run, it shows an update running for the installer - not a game update.  I wonder if that is the culprit.

I think I might be SOL.

• DanPHogan
    41 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 6:24 PM

Thanks Gary.  Tried Revouninstaller too.  Still hosed.

• DanPHogan
    41 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 8:03 PM

I went with the nuclear option and did a complete system restore.

Same thing.

I'm done here.

• DanPHogan
    41 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 8:06 PM

You know, I wouldn't be so disappointed if I at least got a response to my messages from WGT support.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2021 6:33 AM

Try a reset.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2021 10:20 AM

DanPHogan:

Thanks Jim.

Appreciate the help.  I tried all the steps exactly as you suggested and still no luck.  I even wiped everything from the install folder and tried installing to a new one.  Same thing.

I did notice, however that on initial run, it shows an update running for the installer - not a game update.  I wonder if that is the culprit.

I think I might be SOL.

My member found the fix. This is what he just posted in our forum.....

"All I had to do was hold the control key while I double clicked on the launcher and it brought up a list of resolutions.  Mine had reverted to something really small."

This was the thread he found it in.

• DanPHogan
    41 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2021 1:08 PM

Scott and Jim and everyone else.  THANK YOU!

I grabbed Scotts reg fix and opened it first to see what reg changes it was making and it basically just deletes the user settings in the registry, nothing else important.

The key is located here:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\WGT]

You can run Scott's script or manually delete the key yourself (which is what I did) Either way works.  When you relaunch, you'll get the resolution options.

I'm back in business.  I hope this is helpful for anyone else having this problem.

P.S.  Jim, good tip about the control key...

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2021 1:30 PM

Glad you got it sorted Dan, thank you.

• hardcore38
    4 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2021 6:41 PM

I am having the same problem and I have tried about thing I can and nothing works. Also sent Email to WGT w/ picture of small window but no help. Something changes over night because it was working fine the night before but next morning it would not. However the music is playing and you can see a small portion of the picture at the bottom of the box. 

RSS