Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wolf Creek hole 17

Wed, Jan 27 2021 7:43 AM (6 replies)
  • Tepi62Ka
    31 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 1:22 AM

Do I look and calculate something wrong...

I just played again Wolf Creek, and again too short shot at 17th hole. It shows downhill but I have to start thinking it uphill. Second shot leaves short every time, when flag is front of green. 

• BPeterson8256
    1,800 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 8:14 AM

Tepi62Ka:

I just played again Wolf Creek, and again too short shot at 17th hole. It shows downhill but I have to start thinking it uphill. Second shot leaves short every time, when flag is front of green. 

This hole tends to play long on the approach. If you ignore the downhill, it should come out about right. 

• borntobesting
    9,094 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 2:05 PM

Tepi62Ka:

The shot itself is downhill but the landing area on the green is uphill negating much of the elevation change

• Tabarnak777
    42 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 3:53 PM

True, this hole is kind of off range from normal state. Peable Beach hole #8 does the same, especially when you put lot of back spin with full or almost full power.

But it's not the case of all 190+ yards with some downhill shots. Some holes are unique, like these 2 holes.

• maoriand1
    1,229 Posts
    Thu, Jan 21 2021 3:11 PM

Tepi62Ka:

cut only 2yrd 

• Mikestorm2
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2021 7:02 AM

I just watched jam others play that hole he said to ignore the evaluation on it 

• BPeterson8256
    1,800 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2021 7:43 AM

Mikestorm2:

I just watched jam others play that hole he said to ignore the evaluation on it 

Great tip!!! 😉😂🤣

BPeterson8256:

This hole tends to play long on the approach. If you ignore the downhill, it should come out about right. 

RSS