Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can't play golf courses with new format on PC.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 24 2021 1:09 PM (8 replies)
  • TopFlite7
    334 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2021 11:51 PM

I finally found how to navigate to the courses but when one is selected all I have is what one hole to go to.

Select that hole and if I hit "play now" at the upper left another window opens for you to install the app on your phone.

What am I missing to play 9 or 18 on the PC ?

I'm using Windows 10.

Thanks.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 1:15 AM

You don't use WGT.com to play the game now TF7. But you will need to install that app you mentioned, click the Play on Windows button in that window that opens. That will download a file (WGTLauncher.msi) to your PC. Locate that file in your downloads folder and double click it to run it, that will install the game on your machine.

Once installed, double click the WGT Launcher icon on your desktop to launch the game. Use your regular WGT username and password to sign in to the game, don't create a new player, and you should be good to go.

• TopFlite7
    334 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2021 2:05 AM

Thanks I've done what you told me.

Do I have to pay in coins now to play a course ?

Or can you play without the coin fee ?

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2021 2:47 AM

Coin games is just gambling with tokens against random players as far as I can make out. It's a fun way of wasting some time I guess.

Game modes is probably the better option, no fees to pay but currently, multiplayer games don't work very well. I haven't tried inviting friends to an mp game but looking for random match ups is poor to non existent. Hopefully WGT are working on improving this but we haven't had much input from them as yet. 

• TopFlite7
    334 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2021 7:38 AM

Thanks for all your help and info, going to try it and if any problems I'll be back.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2021 8:10 AM

Okay bud, have fun. Thank you.  ; )

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Jan 22 2021 1:10 PM

TopFlite7:
    What am I missing to play 9 or 18 on the PC ?
    In the app, select "game modes" - "single player" - "Stroke play". At the desired course, you may choose the game that you want.

• jhubby
    15 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 1:51 AM

I have windows 10 and I have to install the game every day to play this new version. I have followed all the instructions as per the launcher but it will only open once for that download.

It is like a Beta game where they trying to find all the faults. I hope they improve this format as i was an avid player when it used flashplayer.

JHUBBY.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2021 1:09 PM

You should only have to install it once. Are you clicking the WGT Launcher icon on your desktop to run the game?

RSS