Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Save Replay

Thu, Jan 11 2024 4:43 AM (30 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2021 9:45 PM

Being able to watch a replay right after great shot is great fun, so I miss that.  I also sank one from 160 yards last week and never saw it go in because camera angles didn't work.   Replay would have been nice.  But I am done with that shot that day.

But on the really great shots, most of the point is so others can see it.  So copying it into some other system doesn't work.

Tom.

• redduck45
    20 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2021 2:54 PM

cannot yanks get the date right on this site 12 may  reads 12-5-2021 not what yanks put and on facebook i keep correcting their terms eg pants are worn under trourses they seem to think pasnts are trouses lol and ladybirds are ladybugs still i will keep correcting them for ever also hitting wgt balls ob is soooooooooo much fun and hitting into water i rub hands in joy so far 45 million balls i lost of wgt and counting lol 

• KnuckleWoods
    2,478 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2021 5:49 PM

Totally agree with you Tom . had one today Hole #6 Torrey Pines holed it from 244 yds out Pin more on the upper left ,  wind  10/12 apprx at 11o'clock  used my 3w hit abt 95% with a tad of BS    Instant Heartbeat ----- hit the right part of the green rolling with the grid / slope and it fell in . Been nice to see that one again 

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Fri, Dec 1 2023 11:46 AM

Just found this thread from another one.  Didn't know Windows 10 had a "save video of last x minutes of gameplay" feature, and also a video editor (although the video editor no longer works and had to download Microsoft Clipchamp).  So we can now save our own replays.  It's a pity that you can only save up to 10 minutes of gameplay, which is probably a couple of minutes short for me to play a full 9 holes, but a great feature to replace the Save Replay function WGT had in the days of Flash.

And with Clipchamp, once you've finished editing the video you can upload the video to various video sites, including YouTube, then you can post the YouTube video in the forum or on your profile page.  The only missing feature from WGT's old Save Replay function is the various cameras that you could get for each replay, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.  And we all know that WGT care not one iota that so many want the replay feature brought back, they would sooner spend their time adding ridiculous jumpers, hats and cut-off jeans!  I wonder what's next, a pet dog to stand alongside you when you play your shot?

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2023 8:50 AM

Yes and even though there is a way to save them ,most of us forget how when we have a replay worthy shot. Like I did the other morning when I got a hole-in-one on # 13 at Olympic and couldn't remember how to save the shot

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2023 11:48 AM

MioKontic:
    Didn't know Windows 10 had a "save video of last x minutes of gameplay" feature, and also a video editor (although the video editor no longer works and had to download Microsoft Clipchamp).  So we can now save our own replays.  It's a pity that you can only save up to 10 minutes of gameplay, which is probably a couple of minutes short for me to play a full 9 holes, but a great feature to replace the Save Replay function WGT had in the days of Flash.

You can start recording your game with Game Bar by pressing Win+Alt+R when you're about to start your game.  You will see a recording bar (overlay) in the upper right of your game screen, like this:

You can then record your entire round, even if it's longer than 10 minutes.  I've recorded  multiplayer rounds that took over an hour.

borntobesting:
    Yes and even though there is a way to save them ,most of us forget how when we have a replay worthy shot. Like I did the other morning when I got a hole-in-one on # 13 at Olympic and couldn't remember how to save the shot

You can press Win+Alt+G immediately after you've hit a shot you want to save.  That will save a clip of the last 30 seconds of your game (or whatever time period you've specified in your Game Bar app settings) to the folder you've specified to save your recordings to.

To set the clip length and folder to save clips to, go to the Game Bar settings | General tab and click "Edit more preferences in Windows Settings" at the bottom.  Then, in the Windows Settings screen, click Captures on the left, and change them to what you want.

Hope this helps.

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2023 5:44 AM

The Win/Alt/G key has helped save my sanity when a shot falls several yards short of the pin and my mind can't explain what I just saw. After the round, if I remember, I'll play it back. Usually I see something I did wrong to some degree. Sometimes it's WGT penalizing me for missing the ding slightly or the wind shifted a bit. Regardless, if I hit less than the ideal shot then I deserve to take my lumps. Great tool to have!

• ryry4321
    45 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2023 11:36 AM

Will replay be available on mobile anytime soon? I make too many aces in the ctth tournaments and disappointed I cannot replay them lol. 

• BlackBogey
    250 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2023 2:09 PM

Duphpherer:

The Win/Alt/G key has helped save my sanity when a shot falls several yards short of the pin and my mind can't explain what I just saw. After the round, if I remember, I'll play it back. Usually I see something I did wrong to some degree. Sometimes it's WGT penalizing me for missing the ding slightly or the wind shifted a bit. Regardless, if I hit less than the ideal shot then I deserve to take my lumps. Great tool to have!

Yes sir Duph.  Sometimes it's nerve-wracking trying to figure out why WGT screwed you so bad, then you look at the replay and are like, "OK, my bad. I forgot to change from 6 iron to 7 iron - WGT isn't out to get me, I'm just an idiot"

• MioKontic
    4,587 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2024 12:32 PM

ryry4321:

Will replay be available on mobile anytime soon? I make too many aces in the ctth tournaments and disappointed I cannot replay them lol. 

WGT replays aren't available on any platform. What we are talking about above is a Windows function.  I don't use phone apps (I use my phone to make phone calls - crazy, I know!), so I don't know if there is some similar app available to download.

RSS