Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Driver upgrade

Fri, Nov 4 2022 12:39 AM (4 replies)
  • scwing1
    35 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 8:35 AM

Hi.

I am looking at upgrading driver in the near future. Currently at Lv 68. 

I was wondering if there is any reason to wait for Lv 85 Mavrik driver over getting the Mavrik 72? Metrics are pretty close. 

Thanks.

• phipster
    4,426 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 1:00 PM

Looking at your clubs I wouldn't bother with a beefy driver for the time being...

I would buy the three level 50'ish MAX wedges and learn how to use them especially with flops and punches as they will take a lot of strokes off your game.

If you want a longer driver then go for a Ping and use full backspin off the tee as it will then regularly hit 280 yards which off your tees and then the masters tees is far enough.

With the credits that you have saved use level 33 Callaway balls or the even cheaper Srixons and given the scores that you are producing with your current clubs and balls you will then be better than me...

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2021 2:37 PM

+1!

If shot quality is the problem, drop the driver and go with your 3WD. You may delay the driver purchase until Master tier - higher level, more options!

• scwing1
    35 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2021 4:34 PM

Yes, I agree... I upgraded wedges and then irons 2 weeks back. It made a great difference in my short game. Very happy I did that.
    I am now at lv 70.... and 67.92 avg. If I move into Master, then I definitely want a bigger hitting driver. That's why I was inquiring. 

I did decide to get a driver at lv 72. That should carry me for a while.

Thanks for the input.

• Mightymousemv
    593 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2022 12:39 AM

RSS