Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2021 5:19 AM

well this years has come to an end and what a comp its been

over 400 players took part friending/arranging and playing their games for their respective clubs over 6 months of fun and making new friends along the way.

i have congratulate the Cup winners The Trans Bandits

they have showed as always what a class act they are on and off the golf cours, i rate them as our sister club and the club i would join if anyhting happened at SEL.

always great competition between our clubs a but  we were so close to taking you this year as some games went into extra time but fell short so close though man.

a big congratulations to our Spanish frinds who took the Plate.

Golfos Panellets

they were unlucky to not make the Cup but they were in a very hard group but have shown their strength breezing to the final and taking the Plate off last years winners Cosa.

i have to thank my team

thx Dot for taking the pressure off me and looking after basically everything lol

Nigel who is the magician of the spreadsheets which makes our job so easy.

Johnny the World Cup designer and engraver 

thx all for making this comp what it today.

thx Captins/Players for taking taking a few hours out of your life to take part in what has always been a fun comp.yes you want to win but have a laugh along the way.

all the sponsors of balls we had over 60 sleeves to give away this year,

we will see what happens next year as a few things are going to change but for now 

laters all im having a few months off lol

finny

• bigcountry317
    4,269 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2021 12:47 PM

IAG12:

Tie 7
    317 IAG12 wins bigcountry317 364

Excellent game and sportsmanship from Aaron.

And you as well, Ivan, well played sir.....you pretty well had that match under control the whole way, as did the rest of your team.  Congrats to you and the rest of your club, a well earned Plate!

It has all been said already so I will keep it short, tip of the hat to all involved in making/keeping this an outstanding event!  Also, welcome to the party for all the players experiencing their first WC....so many good players/sports involved and you are no doubt hooked on the experience, see ya again next year!

• Nicozandberg
    716 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2021 3:37 AM

So its eventually over? Now what am I supposed to do for the next 6 months?! Lol

First of all, Id like to thank Finny and his team for hosting this again. As many has said before me, this is a great tournament, and I do agree that WGT or and Topgolf could really sponsor a bit of money, credits, equipment for this. Thank you to all the individual sponsors this year. We truly appreciate it.

Yes, there were a few hiccups along the way that sours the experience, like every year but eventually sanity prevails most of the times and we can kick on and play good, fair and competitive golf against some of the very best players on WGT. All whilst making new friends! What more can you ask for?

To my team The Thunderchickens: I am immensely proud of this team for the way they competed and represented Southern England Links this year. Thank you for making it easy to captain, by responding to messages, organizing your matches and keeping me in the loop. We fought every inch of the way, but eventually fell just short. Still it was a great achievement to eventually reach the final of the illustrious competition.

The Final was such a tense affair and most of the matches were very competitive. 3 of the matches went to overtime, and unfortunately not a single one went our way. I think TCC Bandits will agree that this could've gone either way, but in the end you guys handled the pressure just a bit better and fully deserve the victory. I would also like to mention the great spirit these matches were played in. There was open communication between me and Gordon. all the matches were easy to organize and once they were played there was friendly banter all around.

Finally I would also like to thank all the viewers who tuned into the streamed finals. Some of these broadcast had 70+ viewers.

See you all next year. Congrats:

• WUISENRIKE
    1,228 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2021 12:14 PM

Don't go away yet... there's still more... animated fantasies of yesterday and today for the next 2 weeks.

the warriors of TCC bandits are going to face the smoking GOLFOS panellets.

A great super cup between the champions of the two lines of this world cup.

The lineups are already sent to dotty and in a short time, we will see the pairings.

Many or almost all the matches will be broadcasted live on twitch.

Good luck to all and I hope the fun will flow at full speed.

I can only advance .. that it will be played in torrey pines and it will be .. a spectacle.

You can not miss it friends

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2021 4:08 PM

Excellent idea and look forward to watching some matches,should do this every year from now on plate v cup winners.

Good stuff.

Paul

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2021 8:48 PM

WUISENRIKE:

Don't go away yet... there's still more... animated fantasies of yesterday and today for the next 2 weeks.

the warriors of TCC bandits are going to face the smoking GOLFOS panellets.

A great super cup between the champions of the two lines of this world cup.

The lineups are already sent to dotty and in a short time, we will see the pairings.

Many or almost all the matches will be broadcasted live on twitch.

Good luck to all and I hope the fun will flow at full speed.

I can only advance .. that it will be played in torrey pines and it will be .. a spectacle.

You can not miss it friends

As mi amigo Luis Enrique said..... (drum roll please) It's time for the SUPERCUP!!

Just a bit of fun and a bonus for all us WC Twitch watching junkies, woo hoo!

It's the Plate winners vs the Cup winners in an epic battle....

TCC Bandits are a bit worried, after all the Golfos strategy of filling the course with yummy smoke that will distract and leave (most of) the Bandits a bit in the clouds is a good one...

little do they know that FooBoss have been sending his players over to my house while I'm playing for exposure therapy... after all  most of you that know me, know my favourite saying is "WGT, just something to do between bong hits" lol

The Golfos will now have to come up with a new strategy and we all know that they never give up and will fight to the end...

This will make a spectacular series and I wish both teams all the best....

Let the games begin WOO HOO!!!!!

Link to the SUPERCUP score sheet

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2021 8:55 PM

I will put up 1 sleeve CTTH on hole 3, in the name of Billd1994

Cheers all

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2021 1:48 PM

TdotDoba:

I will put up 1 sleeve CTTH on hole 3, in the name of Billd1994

Cheers all

Class all the way Paul x

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2021 10:53 PM

I will also put up a sleeve for the first Eagle on 9.

You guys better be telling us when these games are getting played or im gonna send round Captain Dodgy to your house for a 2 week Vacation :-)

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2021 3:53 AM

Playing tonight against Carlos at 18.00 UK.

RSS