Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • ECC370
    108 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2021 3:12 PM

Cup Group 4, Match 4

159 pjbhai Win vs. 311 jobey29

157 SwanginBD Loss vs. 309 TsunamiSaint

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2021 4:40 PM

Welcome to the Dot report................

As we start the 1/4 finals.... here are the match ups to decide the final four in the Cup...

First we have Cobra Kia 2, just coming off a very tough battle vs another TCC team, it went down to the wire tied 4-4, and then to the 18th with Cobra Kia 2 pulling out the big win... They're up against another very solid TCC team The Spartans ... will Cobra Kia 2 be able to pull out another one or will the TCC Machine wear them down and roll them over?

Next we have two number 1 teams in their clubs TCC Bandits and TPB 1, Old school vs the new kids on the block... looks like some dandy match ups, tie 8 & 9 I don't want to miss at all.... Should be some dandy play with someone getting schooled woo hoo!

Then we have Spy vs Spy (Madd magazine ref.) the fight of the brothers, the SEL Warriors vs the SEL ThunderChickens .... a scary match up as the best in SEL are in those two teams...... it could go either way as the teams are very evenly matched... all I'm going to say on this one is gooooooooo SEL

Last but by no means least, is a battle of Old vs New, ALPHADITES vs C0BRA KAI 1...

Aphrodite, a club with history and tradition, VUSO wins, Priestess involved in the very first broadcasts of this game, during a Ryder Cup, an unbeatable Hotties squad and a deep tradition of winning, some of the very greats past and present of the game.

C0BRA KAI , a club just formed this year, full of WGT superstars, some new, some very very old (this means you Dean lol)... Some players have been on different teams it seem each year we play this.... can they gel and become a cohesive unit, do they have enough depth on the bench to pull it off.... 

Regardless this is going to be one heck of a test for both team and I'm getting excited about the golf we are going to see.

So that is the Dot report for the Cup... I will do my report for the Plate a little later...

Cheers all and enjoy

• DeanBarr
    515 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2021 5:58 PM

LMAO......Come on Dot !!!

I was just fixing the walker, soaking my teeth, charging the Whisper 2000 and getting ready for my 6pm bed time .......and this happens.  :)

Old Fart Deanooooo

• DanC2807
    929 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2021 7:47 PM

Sigh.

• TomCarioca
    283 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2021 9:16 PM

Lmao Dotty - great report!

Looking forward to some epic matches there ;)

And I will have just as much fun watching those as I had while still riding the bus.

Again THANKS Finny, Dotty and everybody involved for providing us this unique World Cup experience!

See you!

• TdotDoba
    2,154 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2021 7:17 AM

The Dot report - Plate

Up first we have The Bushwackers  vs Freedom CC

The Bushwackers easily disposed of their last round opponents, while The Freedom CC had to navigate through a large, dense cloud of smoke to defeat the Smoking Golfos .. Is the smoke still in Freedom's eyes or are their eyes clear enough to win... hmmm as soon as we can get them away from the all you can eat buffet, we'll find out lol

Next is Golfos Panellets vs TCC Pirates, 

This is one to watch, the Pirates coming off a great battle, they were down 4 with 2 to play and took both of them to win the match.. The Golfos tore through their opponents and took 7 out of 9 games... this will be quite the battle and I think the winner of this match will most likely make it to the finals!

Now up, The Penalty Box 3 vs The WGT Amigos,

The Amigos are long time supporters of the World Cup, started by their beloved Owner, Brian, and continued by the current owner, WGT Sweetheart, Vivian, who has done an amazing job of continuing Shov's vision and is a joy to work with.

TPB 3, Sprogger and troops have just come off an tough round, taking out Black Diamond, they're ready to do battle again. Sprogg is a new friend I have made this year (love the WC for that), we have spent over an hour on a "quick call" lol, look forward to the next call Sprogg!

And finally we have Cosa Nostra vs Bill's Band,

These two teams have some great history, many cc vs cc battles played in true spirit and class.

Cosa Nostra is the defending champions of the Plate, SEL won it the year before, both have lost a valued member of their clubs this year, Yankee Jim for CN and billd1994 for SEL. I know we will all be playing in honor of their names :)

There is never much in it between these evenly matched team and on any given day either could win this.

I say woo hoo, let's get er done with honor, respect and above all.. FUN!

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Mon, Aug 2 2021 12:29 PM

And finally we have Cosa Nostra vs Bill's Band,

These two teams have some great history, many cc vs cc battles played in true spirit and class.

Cosa Nostra is the defending champions of the Plate, SEL won it the year before, both have lost a valued member of their clubs this year, Yankee Jim for CN and billd1994 for SEL. I know we will all be playing in honor of their names :)

There is never much in it between these evenly matched team and on any given day either could win this.

I say woo hoo, let's get er done with honor, respect and above all.. FUN!

Sure to be a Great match and means so much to us both,played many games with Bill from when him,Danny and Brian were all upcoming Legends,Good luck folks im sure it will be a great battle.

• Leggoman13
    8,251 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2021 5:25 AM

Plate Play Offs.1/4 rinal

Freedom vs Bushwackers

I had the pleasure to play against buffallogolfers72

It was a back and forth game, It stayed 1 up on the back 9 for Buffalo.

It ended 2 up on 18th for Buffalogolfer72

Well done and great game Jay.

Good luck to our teammates with rest of the games in that bracket

:o)

• mikee672
    249 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2021 1:28 PM

CUP QUARTERFINAL

MIKEE672 (FAIRWAY WARRIORS) WINS 1 UP OVER 1IRONY(THUNDERCHICKENS).

Great match throughout the 18 holes. went back n forth a couple of times being 1 up. Finally went ahead on 16 and held the 1 up lead to beat a great opponent.

Great shootin by both!!!

Mikee672

• wleiss
    6,253 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2021 3:25 PM

Plate Quarterfinal

Match 1

THE BUSHWACKERS                         versus                FREEDOM GC

Tie 9    #380   wleiss                               Lost to             eagledare   #436     Tie 9

I was pretty handily outplayed by Chris. He put on a putting display that had the gallery ooooohhing and ahhhhing throughout the round.. On the other side of the coin, the jeers became more and more evident every time I missed a putt. I think I even heard my mother in heaven giving me a raspberry after a missed four footer. Oh well.

Well-played Chris.   

RSS