Forums

Help › Forums

Re: TURF WAR..."What is it Good for...Absolutely Nothin"

Fri, Dec 2 2022 4:39 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 9:54 AM

Unless I am missing something ...What exactly does the club get from winning "Turf Wars"...I play in um now and again and it seems we pretty much win most of um we're in?

Unlike the "Clash" which has some prizes (although near pointless after 3rd place) What is the point of winning a match in a Turf War?

Or is it like my buddy Edwin Starr sang...

Okay
    On the count of four
    As loud as you can
    You'll say, "TURF WAR"
    I'll say, "Huh, yeah"
    You'll say, "What is it good for?"
    I'll say, "Absolutely"
    You'll say, "Nothing"
    Have you got that? (Yes!)
    I didn't hear you, have you got that? (Yes!)
    One, two, three, four
    huh yeah
    (What is it good for?)
    Absolutely (nothing), yeah, yeah
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 11:02 AM

If you win , You win a super pass to use during the clash , also coin bonus of 15% if you are on the winning side that in turn affords you a bigger coin balance to allow you to experience the larger coin rooms. XP’s are not a great feature as often you are playing just 1 or 3 hole matches . So in short it’s for the one super pass that’s up for grabs .

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 12:40 PM

bossbird:
    a super pass to use during the clash , also coin bonus of 15% if you are on the winning side t

And now let's bring Billy Preston on stage:

Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'
    You gotta have somethin' if you wanna be with me
    Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'
    You gotta have somethin' if you wanna be with me
    That's right, ha, yeah

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2021 12:43 PM

And my man David Gilmour pops into my head more and more when I'm on WGT these days:

There's no way out of here
    When you come in
    You're in for good

There are no answers here
    When you look out
    You don't see in
    There was no promise made
    The part you played
    The chance you took

There's no way out of here
    When you come in
    You're in for good

• stovepipes0
    474 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2022 7:35 PM

I wondered what these were also.  I now know less than I did before.  One thing is certain, it's just another way to use up balls.

• YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2022 3:43 AM

bossbird:

If you win , You win a super pass to use during the clash , also coin bonus of 15% if you are on the winning side that in turn affords you a bigger coin balance to allow you to experience the larger coin rooms. XP’s are not a great feature as often you are playing just 1 or 3 hole matches . So in short it’s for the one super pass that’s up for grabs .

Here’s my thoughts on the matter…

There’s a distinct disparity between all the other rooms and the final most expensive yet most lucrative room, Bellagio.

In my 2 years+ in the same club, my only club, currently a level 19 one, that was level 6 when I joined, most of our losses in Turf Wars seam to come about by the opposing team winning 1 or more matches in the Bellagio Room, for 4.5M…fully 3.6M more than the next room down.

That is a discrepancy that makes the Turf Wars very frustrating when we have many players who can, and do, win every other Room in Turf Wars, only to beaten by a player winning 1 or more Ballagio Rooms, which takes 

5 Manhattan Room wins, the next level down, to equal, also…

10 Tokyo Room wins

25 Montreal Room wins

50 Shanghai Room wins

125 Rio Room wins

250 Casablanca Room wins

1,000 Beverly Hills Room wins

5,000 Chelsea Room wins

25,000 Paris Room wins

Also, Monaco Room is not available for Turf Wars

This isn’t sustainable for good competitive purposes with high participation, obviously.

So instead of moaning and asking for change, I propose a solution. Individually, we are put into ‘Divisions’, from Diamond l, ll, lll, down to Bronze lll at the bottom, each with promotion, relegation and a prize for finishing higher.

Why can’t this be done with Clubs? In the Diamond Division, the 2.5M Ballagio Room is in play, but next Division down, Platinum, it’s not, and Tokyo is the highest you can play to contribute.

Then farther still, next Division down, Gold, Montreal is taken out, and on down to the Bronze Division. This will obviously be somewhat chaotic at first, but will settle down, and matches will be competitive. It may take longer for a matchup, but that’s better than a drubbing and low participation as a result, surely.

Even if clubs let themselves slide down, they can’t overwhelm lesser clubs with not as much talent and/or resources with high stakes Rooms. They have to play them on the level of the Division.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2022 11:05 AM

I am a reluctant turf war player , don’t like them , but I play one or two each fortnight. Not sure why really , as I am owner of a two person club , and we rarely use all our super passes in the clash. We love the clash , but realistically no longer try and finish in top 100 , there is no point , there is so little difference between finishing top 100 through to top 250 . It’s not worth the effort. So if a review of turf wars takes place then a review of the clashes needs to be done too. They are intrinsically linked. I appreciate my club is a bit different to many , I don’t want more members , nor do I want to go up any levels , I play to occupy me, but no longer take it too seriously. It is after all just a game , and everyone plays for their own reasons . It’s not worth getting worked up about . 

• Rick6208
    2,136 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2022 5:45 PM

Agree with the postings here, why don’t they not allow play in BELAGIO and just make Manhattan the top room you can play in Turf Wars

It would keep the scores closer stop the one or two players who play in BELAGIO from running the score up! 

A members who wins 5 games in Manhattan has worked harder than the one win in BELAGIO! But has nothing to show for it if we’re playing a club with a lot of BELAGIO players, something is not right with that ! 

• Bluto346
    74 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2022 1:34 PM

There's no need to close off Bellagio to Turf War play in an attempt to promote parity.

Rather, why not limit the amount of C.C. passes that can be used per any one player during any single Turf War? Limiting each player in the club to 4-5 passes per contest will put a stop to "that" guy who purchases and uses 50+ passes in order to bury the other country club all by themselves.

I think it will promote more top to bottom club participation, and will give a more accurate result as to which club is stronger.

• PAGES
RSS