Help › Forums

Re: Clarify tier requirements

Tue, Aug 9 2022 11:08 AM (22 replies)
  • scwing1
    35 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 8:49 AM

Just an FYI:

I was just moved up to TM. Avg 64.2.
    Obviously, there are other criteria at play here, as all info says avg of 63 for Tour Master.

There must be coin game input into this algorithm.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 11:19 AM

Re-read the thread please ;)

"All info" says that there are multiple ways to advance, the average just being the oldest one!

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 12:21 PM

alosso:
    "All info" says that there are multiple ways to advance, the average just being the oldest one!

Some other known ways to advance include (but are not limited to):

• Beating higher-tiered players in match play (note:  this stops once you reach Legend)
    • Winning (or placing high in) Ready-Gos and WGT-sponsored tournaments 
    • Achieving a specific level (I believe this stops once you reach Tour Pro)

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 1:16 PM

i had this posted in another thread recently. This is my personal experience and it demonstrates 3 different ways that I have tiered up. only one of which was the chart posted.

This is a copy paste: 

"in regards to my numbers understand that I avoid red tee tourneys unless its a custom course. Mainly because i didn't want to artificially increase the pace at which I tier up.

I went from Master to Tour Master by winning a Ready go. I don't have the numbers for that one.

I went from TM to Legend the same way. the average was 61.94 and 203 RR.

I hit saturation for legend  at 1060 Ranked Rounds.  so for me it took 857 rounds.  357 had to have been par 3s par 5s or custom courses.

after that it took another 313 rounds to drop it low enough to Tier up to Tour Legend.  Hit TL with 1373 RRs

around this time i go from about half mobile to half PC time  to  playing coin games almost exclusively and really cut down on the ranked rounds that I was  playing which was already a low pace compared to most.

7 months later I Hit Champion with 1442 Total Ranked Rounds.  So...I only had 69 ranked rounds at the time between TL and Champion. 

So it's not all about Ranked Rounds. multitude of ways to tier. 

personally my advice is to not rush it like most do. there is zero benefit to it. let it happen when it happens. "

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 1:32 PM

(multiple ways to advance in tiers)

SamSpayed:

• Winning (or placing high in) Ready-Gos and WGT-sponsored tournaments 

This has to do with the credits gained.

SamSpayed:
    Achieving a specific level (I believe this stops once you reach Tour Pro)
    This is if there are little or no ranked rounds, e.g. for "mobile" players, and it goes up to TL, at least!

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 3:34 PM

alosso:
    SamSpayed:
    Achieving a specific level (I believe this stops once you reach Tour Pro)
    This is if there are little or no ranked rounds, e.g. for "mobile" players, and it goes up to TL, at least!

alosso, do you happen to know what the levels are for auto-promotion to Master, TM, Legend, and TL?  

I know you will get auto-promoted to Tour Pro at Level 50, but that is the last one I've seen.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 11:46 PM

SamSpayed:
    alosso, do you happen to know what the levels are for auto-promotion to Master, TM, Legend, and TL?  

I know you will get auto-promoted to Tour Pro at Level 50, but that is the last one I've seen.

Sorry to say No - I used to keep "L50 = TP" in mind, but some people here have sowed so much doubt that I tend to believe them that these promotions are not only by Level but also by game success.

There are too little clues here and I'm too far off the mobile games to even have an educated guess. Looks like the company succeeds in keeping this grind behind closed curtains.

• GolfNomad
    296 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 6:05 PM

Are 9 holes ranked rounds counted in handicap?  or is it faster/better to play 18 hole ranked rounds? 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 10:12 PM

GolfNomad:
    Are 9 holes ranked rounds counted in handicap?  or is it faster/better to play 18 hole ranked rounds?

It is faster/better to play 9 hole rounds!

While WGT doesn't call it a handicap but the average, 9 hole ranked(!) rounds count as well as 18 hole ranked(!) rounds. WGT doubles the 9 hole score before entering it to the calculation.

This is faster, because a 9 hole round counts as an 18 hole round, and it's better because it's easier to stay focused and post an exceptionally good score over a shorter round.

Due to saturation, the "worse half" of a theoretical 18 hole round divided into two parts will soon disappear from your average.

• Darktone74
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2022 11:01 AM

I just went from Tour Pro to Master at level 54. Average score 70.40. I have won the majority of coin games, placed 3rd in a show down, won some gold in ready go’s. 

RSS