Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Replace Aiming Marker to Hole Button

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 12 2021 3:58 PM (9 replies)
  • BWerthy
    948 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 12:13 PM

Hi all, I know about the remove flagstick option, it would be awesome to have a way to get the aiming marker to go back to the hole. I’m on my phone and if I have moved it from the hole, getting it back to the exact hole location for accurate numbers is extremely difficult. Close is good, but exact would be better. 

thanks,

BWerthy  

• pdb1
    21,885 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 2:45 PM

BWerthy:

Hi all, I know about the remove flagstick option, it would be awesome to have a way to get the aiming marker to go back to the hole. I’m on my phone and if I have moved it from the hole, getting it back to the exact hole location for accurate numbers is extremely difficult. Close is good, but exact would be better. 

thanks,

BWerthy  

You are so right . And especially with the new platform . And depending on where you are on the course . You may have trouble even getting to the green .

There should be a " return flagstick to the hole button " for sure .

As I was recently converting the 500 WGT replays to YouTube videos . I found an interesting and surprising thing .

One would think that removing the flagstick from the hole . Would stop the ball from hitting the flagstick and deterring from an HIO or holer .

Not the case . I saw quite a few with the flagstick removed . That the ball still hit the flagstick . Bouncing the ball away from the hole . There was even one that hit the removed flagstick . Bounced a couple yards away with a backspin . And back into the hole .

Everyone knows that holers can be made without removing the flagstick at all . I have a couple hundred of them myself .

But what I now know is that when you think you are removing the flagstick . It is really still there . Just not visible .

Makes me glad I never tried to learn how to remove it .

• BWerthy
    948 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2021 4:39 PM

I’m not sure about hitting a flagstick that has been removed, as it hasn’t happened to me, yet, but I am glad that you agree with me about needing something to be able to return the aiming marker.  I’m on an iPhone with. 4.3” screen, it’s hard enough as it is :)

• pdb1
    21,885 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2021 6:12 PM

BWerthy:
    I am glad that you agree with me about needing something to be able to return the aiming marker.  I’m on an iPhone with. 4.3” screen, it’s hard enough as it is :)

Yep . Definitely . I could not count the amount of times I have lost the hole location . Especially when you land in the fescue and your avatar is facing the opposite direction of the hole . Sometimes all you can do is guess . Even then you could be 40 yds wide right or left .

pdb1:
    There should be a " return flagstick to the hole button " for sure .

BWerthy:
    I’m not sure about hitting a flagstick that has been removed, as it hasn’t happened to me, yet

Yep . That happens too .

• TopShelf2010
    10,237 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2021 10:02 AM

BWerthy:
    to get the aiming marker to go back to the hole

On the PC version, not sure about Mobile, all you have to do is place your cursor where you would like the stick and double-click.

ie: After moving the aimer, place your cursor in the center of the cup and double-click.

If it would not create more issues however, the developers could always create a special Key Binding (shortcut) to do this automatically.

Don

• pdb1
    21,885 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2021 11:55 AM

TopShelf2010:
    ie: After moving the aimer, place your cursor in the center of the cup and double-click.

We know all that. But there are various circumstances where you're just too damn far from the hole. The depth or length perception isn't there. You can try to put the flag where you think the hole is. Make your shot. And be 40 yards any way off to the side of the hole.

We are talking about a prompt, when clicked, that simply returns the flag back to the exact center of the hole for you.

• AnaNikolaj
    257 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2021 3:36 PM

pdb1:
    Not the case . I saw quite a few with the flagstick removed . That the ball still hit the flagstick . Bouncing the ball away from the hole . There was even one that hit the removed flagstick

The only way this would've happened is if the flag was taken out during the ball flight. And since the shot outcome is calculated at the time of the click, the flag was still in, despite the fact you didn't see it. Now, if the flag had been taken out before the shot, there would be zero chance of what you described.

None of this can happen on the NV though, cause you can't change a thing while the ball is moving. You can still click/tap the "remove the flagstick", while the ball is in flight, but the flag is still visible, until your next shot is loaded. 

• pdb1
    21,885 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2021 3:57 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    The only way this would've happened is if the flag was taken out during the ball flight. And since the shot outcome is calculated at the time of the click, the flag was still in, despite the fact you didn't see it.

Exactly . That is what occurs . I have seen it several times in the thread Post Your Best Replays Here!.

Since I was only able to copy and convert about 100 of those ( before Dec 29th the day they became inactive ). Out of the 500 replays I converted . And only a couple of them were hitting the invisible flag stick . 1 example is the video above PhilESTEIN .

But you are correct that one would have to remove the flag stick after the shot had been taken ( I am sure the only way it could be removed ) . And like you and I both said " the flag was still in it , despite the fact you didn't see it ".

• pdb1
    21,885 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2021 3:57 PM

duplicate not moderated ?

• pdb1
    21,885 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2021 3:58 PM

Triplicate not moderated ?

RSS