Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I suggest no more $ for WGT

Tue, Feb 9 2021 9:23 AM (50 replies)
  • SpauldingSmails3
    260 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 11:41 AM

Well I don't see how anyone that has put time into playing flash and learning that side of it and keeping WGT afloat all those years would just so easily accept they ripped the gameplay out from underneath you.  

Let's check out just SOME of the dumbass issues that now have arisen with their GRAND NEW format and some that still remain.

#1.  If you touch the cursor before everyone is loaded in and the timer is running, the game will reward you with a lost ball shot 90% of the time cause it does NOT hit where you thought you aimed.

#2 The putting for short putts is an absolute joke and on numerous occasions my putt has just gone way to one side without ever aiming near that spot ( refer back to sad coding in issue #1.)

#3.  Hit the ding and still get punished somehow.  Aim at edge of FW / Rough and have winds blowing ball into FW on the drive and somehow still end up in the rough.  

#4. I don't know if the Where's Waldo creator got hired onto the programming team in WGT, but there are random balls on EVERY HOLE on each course.  Does that hurt the gameplay, no, but it sure shows the lack of wanting to put out a quality product for the consumer.  (Hey WGT.....your Clown College degrees are showing)

#5.  Why is it I have to click 4 billions times to do anything to get my shot off.  Click to open clubs / click to close clubs.  Click to open shot type / click to close shot type.  Click to change ball to add spin (click again to switch camera angle back cause for some stupid reason the camera changed when clicking the ball for spin) / click to change spin on ball / click to close spin on ball.  Click to change camera, then after opening that have to pick the correct camera number cause they are to stupid to put them in order up the course onto the green.  (#1 should be tee box, and highest number should be from back of green looking towards tee box)  No not WGT , have 5 camera on a hole and it goes from Tee to Green 1,3,2,5,4.  Makes PERFECT CLOWN COLLEGE sense.

#6.  Ready go's / Live Series / ANY WGT sponsored tourney's are a joke.  They should ONLY be 1 and done rounds and the winds should be the same for every person playing that round.  Save your stupid logic of real life golf players play with different winds.  Yes they do but last time I checked this is NOT real life golf.  Phil tees off on hole #6 with a 20 MPH tailwind and Tiger tees off on same hole 20 minutes later he isn't getting a 20 MPH headwind.  LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD and give the average Joe Schmo a chance to compete for some of the free credits divvied out. 

#7.  Purchase some decent servers.  It is truly pathetic you guys STILL blame your lack of giving the paying customer decent servers to play with on the consumer.  I have a straight up gaming computer and have had more issues and reboots from games in the past 3 weeks than I had in the past 5 years.  I can somehow play FPS games with ZERO issues.   Still same garbage when a clash is going on, gameplay is pathetic at best.  

#8.  Cannot get a random round without trying for 45 minutes.  Once again this totally shows the lack of caring about your customers.  So I literally could ramble on about the sad state of this "new improved" version

I have wasted enough time pointing out their flaws.  All most of us ask is put out a quality product since they literally charge more for virtual balls than they cost if I went out and bought the real things.  And to the WGT butt kissers that will inevitably respond to this......You have me mistaken for someone who cares what your butt kissing response is.  First post I have written on here in almost 6 years and this will be the last.  So save all your "witty banter", it will be just wasted time just like this post is as well.

P.S. To the IDIOT that programmed the putting cursor needs to be the size of a fricking BILLBOARD sign and the avatar is not transparent on the green.....you sir.... ARE A MORON!!!!!!!!!!!

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 5:03 PM

Well, I see they worked on the game and did nothing , nothing except play "Dress UP" and made more clothes. 

No more money to wgt until they fix the game.  I guess their new designers  are clothing only and know nothing about programing.

No more money to wgt  til they hire somebody who can fix it.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 8:33 PM

I stand correct, Apologies to Firstmrmax. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 9:37 PM

Robert1893:

Okay, maybe that’s “dress up,” but to be fair, no money was spent on it.  Freebie.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 10:18 PM

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 10:32 PM

? from the credit purse ?

It's not $$ spending but shifting around licenses...

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Sat, Jan 30 2021 5:00 PM

Like I said,   , no more money to WGT may result in an urgency to fix the issues. Way too many to keep typing them out. We know them , WGT should but they see to be ignoring them.

Having said that, I already have credits and bukoo balls that I got, many included free with me buying $20 worth of credits. However, I'm hoping they miss my 20 to $40 a month I used to spend. I know it's not much, but if many of us did that, they might realize the need to fix these ridiculous issues, many seem it should'nt be that hard to do. Again, tired of typing them all out.

I really miss being able to log on and get an AS or matchplay as easy as  it is to get a coin game.  With the coin games, it's not friendly, usually, no body (hardly) has time to socialize with with a 45 sec shot clock with you have to click and unclick every thing, barelt have time to say GG, much less say HF & GL

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2021 5:12 PM

OH BTW   ; spending money means, giving them your credit card # and buying "Credits",   it doesnt mean spend the credits that you already bought and WGT is already enjoying the money. It does not mean I will just donate the credits I already  paid to WGT 4 months ago

• Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2021 5:20 PM

Come to think of it, it's becoming more and more obvious. Apparently WGT is making more money off the coin games than a friendly game of AS, Match Play, Stroke or Skins.  You can always get a coin game but only maybe a 10% chance game of getting one of the fore mentioned games.  

They Forked this game up,  

• GirnBlanston
    648 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 3:00 PM

Unfortunately, I have to agree with those who believe WGT completely botched the game.

1.  Why can you only get break direction on chips and pitches and not elevation .  I know they post it as inches up or down but it was always better with the flash version. In addition, why can't you post green speed on these tournaments with pitch and chip shots.

2. Putting is a nightmare.  Not so much with determining break but I have never had a ball sit on top of 3/4 of the hole and not go in.  They seem to want to punish you.

3. We all know what its like to get and alt, match, or skin game together.  Wait the 5 minutes then get kicked off.  Then you receive the canned response of "we are working on it", which is insulting because you know it's a lie.

4. When you finally get to a game, the chat is an abortion, you have to start a game without knowing who is available as opposed to knowing that prior.  

5.  It's unfortunate flash was discontinued, but there was ample time to develop a game worth playing.  They failed miserably.  

RSS