Forums

Help › Forums

Re: FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed, Jan 20 2021 5:05 AM (56 replies)
  • inthehole084
    6 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 12:54 AM

Whats worse is since they updated the launcher a few days ago I can no longer play. Screen resoultion default at 520...cant configure it

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 4:40 AM

The putting stinks .

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 6:41 AM

The meter is much smoother although I do get that occasional lightning bolt.

The game play of that meter however, as far as putting,  is not even remotely close to the same for me, sadly. For all of the 2200+ consecutive days that I've played and loved this game, I have been an off-ding putter. The meter now, does not translate that even remotely close. I've only been playing it for 3 weeks but I'm not making any headway back to my prior putting capabilities. A putt that I would make 9 out of 10 times by clicking maybe an 1/8th of an inch early before the center ding, I now need to click just barely past the flop line to have any chance of sinking it.

My other big issue with this new version is that I play 95% of my games multi stroke with some good friends each evening. The screen no longer being interactive when it's not your shot has made watching paint dry more entertaining. "Watching Opponent"? No sheet Sherlock, what the hay else is there to do?

Dead and useless mini-map. Can't check my yardage or look at different cam angles for my next shot, can't even click on reverse cam to watch my pal's putt, can't do anything but stare at an ugly avatar ***. Has made the game very boring and takes longer to play now as well since you can't really brain prep your next shot at all, you use more timer when it finally is your turn again.

Like I said, it's only been 3 weeks and I'm hanging in there but the off-ding putting and the dead screen in multi are my two biggest peeves.

EDIT: Okay, 3 peeves, lol. Did they put the dang ding on a diet or something? Fatten it up a little, hitting the dang thing is much more difficult now despite a smoother meter. Seems to always be just the tiniest pixel off and much more penalizing in a side wind for just BARELY missing it.

• Dharla
    316 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 7:37 AM

twinponds169:
    "Watching Opponent"? No sheet Sherlock, what the hay else is there to do?

LOL's... so true! Nothing like stating the obvious in big bold annoying words right in the middle of the screen.

• TomCarioca
    283 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 2:26 PM

twinponds169:

Dead and useless mini-map. Can't check my yardage or look at different cam angles for my next shot, can't even click on reverse cam to watch my pal's putt, can't do anything but stare at an ugly avatar ***. Has made the game very boring and takes longer to play now as well since you can't really brain prep your next shot at all, you use more timer when it finally is your turn again.

EDIT: Okay, 3 peeves, lol. Did they put the dang ding on a diet or something? Fatten it up a little, hitting the dang thing is much more difficult now despite a smoother meter. Seems to always be just the tiniest pixel off and much more penalizing in a side wind for just BARELY missing it.

Fully agree to all the above and can add another slapstick: ding line looks better fed at 1024x768 resolution like Yiannis stated before. Yet here we go - set your resolution to 1024x768 and try to set up an ALT match and invite your friends...   lol

Those so-called software developers simply forgot to adjust their menus and buttons to the various resolutions. My god - that's so poor, not even amateur status.

Honestly I start losing faith in that company - there's is NOTHING professional!

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Tue, Jan 19 2021 4:37 PM

TomCarioca:
    Yet here we go - set your resolution to 1024x768

Yes thats the corrct resolution...at least for me. Ding line is small but I find if you miss it the foregiveness is much better than the flash. Putting....well thats another story. I am a off ding putter and I am a lot better with the long putts than the shorter ones. Under 10 feet with medium speed and faster dots I tend to play more break than I did on flash with the same putts. I am no ace when it comes to putting but I am getting better as I have only been playing new version since flash ended. Cheers.

• Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Wed, Jan 20 2021 5:05 AM

Guys, there's a sayin on AV world (audio - video): Garbage in = garbage out. The main problem is the original resolution of the pics. Is pretty low....when they have done the job back in 2007, probably, they wouldn't imagine that the game will last so long. But the real question is another. Why on earth on the latest courses such WC or Chambers didn't take high resolution pics? Even on Wolf Creek (which they should have shoot in 16:9 format at 8K) you can see that the image is cropped when you set 1080 resolution.

Is there a moderator or a guy from the technical staff to have a little conversation about these things?

RSS