Forums

Help › Forums

Re: FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wed, Jan 20 2021 5:05 AM (56 replies)
  • Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 3:26 AM

Hmmm, i`m not trying to force anyone into liking the new version, wouldn`t think of it. Yes there are some things that WGT hopefully will improve, but other than that i think it`s ok.

Hated it many months back but there has been work done to enhance it and i think it`s very much ok now, but still needs improvements which i hope will be made as time goes by.

Bjorn

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 7:05 AM

Yiannis1970:

I am sorry dear Amanda, but i have to agree with Simon. The launcher is better because they say so!!

Noone disputed the fact that flash is gone. Noone disputed the fact that we will be playing the launcher. For the last couple of months i have been trying to make a technical discussion with whoever wanted to try. Nada...not even a single one. The launcher is better cause they say so!!

I have made videos, compared pics, explained scaling, explained pseudo 1080 resolution. You know Amanda, video and photography is a hobby of mine the last 17 years. Video and photography have specific objective (meaning measurable data) results. It's not what i like and what i don't. That's why i wanted to try and make this conversation in here with no luck. I guess there's noone in here who understands or who realizes how all these above are working. That's why everyone refused to have this technical conversation about the overall quality flash vs launcher.

I tried the same on a popular facebook wgt page. As a result i got banned from a clueless tour pro (moderator) i believe who demonstrated his extreme democratic ideals by banning me with no reason whatsoever.

So, it's pretty simple dear Tess. Don't try to discuss about certain things cause they will never do. Don't try to prove technical results because they will never accept them (actually they won't understand them for starters....).

Just shut up and play!!! Launcher is better because they say so!!!

Kisses dear Amanda....

You have wonderful Sarchasm) , are you sure you are not part British? 

Great post !!

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 7:18 AM

PRIESTESS:

Kenher01:
    5) Just your opinion but for those of us who made the jump months ago we think NV is superior to Flash

Just wondering who these are because 90% of my friends would rather go back to flash and around 30% have given up.

Uh, Young46 for one.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 8:11 AM

BogeyOne:

PRIESTESS:

Kenher01:
    5) Just your opinion but for those of us who made the jump months ago we think NV is superior to Flash

Just wondering who these are because 90% of my friends would rather go back to flash and around 30% have given up.

Uh, Young46 for one.

Thats great. Only 200 thousand plus to vote. But if there was a vote 95% of the community don't go near the forums, nor do 30% of my friends that have left since the conversion.A huge % of players that have been here over 5 years and know how long the path was to get the flash version virtually bug free and stable are putting up with it for now but playing less. The NV is for new players not the old crew lol.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 8:33 AM

PRIESTESS:
    .A huge % of players that have been here over 5 years and know how long the path was to get the flash version virtually bug free and stable are putting up with it for now but playing less.

^^This. Back to the workarounds.  :-(

A few that I discovered..........

• Look at your friends list for players that have a green "PLAY" button so when you find an AS game you can help the host.
    • Don't accept a game invite while already playing one, like an unlimited. Close everything and accept it from the red invite flashing in the tool bar at the bottom. You'll get stuck in  limbo if you don't.
    • Use the "v" on your keyboard to toggle the box out of the way when aiming a putt in reverse view. You can't move the aimer until you toggle it back on but it's instant so it's easy to get used to doing.
    • The chat stays on for 5 minutes after the game ends. Click the quote box when you see the scorcard.
    • Finding the number of balls you have left takes a bunch of clicks. The only way I've seen to know is by editing your equipment and looking at the ball. Is there an easier way?

Every little bit helps until WGT gets around to what's important.  :-)

p.s., I used to get 4-5 AS games in a 3 hour period here. Now I'm lucky if I get one, ecstatic if I can get two. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 9:04 AM

PRIESTESS:

Yiannis1970:

I am sorry dear Amanda, but i have to agree with Simon. The launcher is better because they say so!!

Noone disputed the fact that flash is gone. Noone disputed the fact that we will be playing the launcher. For the last couple of months i have been trying to make a technical discussion with whoever wanted to try. Nada...not even a single one. The launcher is better cause they say so!!

I have made videos, compared pics, explained scaling, explained pseudo 1080 resolution. You know Amanda, video and photography is a hobby of mine the last 17 years. Video and photography have specific objective (meaning measurable data) results. It's not what i like and what i don't. That's why i wanted to try and make this conversation in here with no luck. I guess there's noone in here who understands or who realizes how all these above are working. That's why everyone refused to have this technical conversation about the overall quality flash vs launcher.

I tried the same on a popular facebook wgt page. As a result i got banned from a clueless tour pro (moderator) i believe who demonstrated his extreme democratic ideals by banning me with no reason whatsoever.

So, it's pretty simple dear Tess. Don't try to discuss about certain things cause they will never do. Don't try to prove technical results because they will never accept them (actually they won't understand them for starters....).

Just shut up and play!!! Launcher is better because they say so!!!

Kisses dear Amanda....

You have wonderful Sarchasm) , are you sure you are not part British? 

Great post !!

British??? We invented sarcasm my dear!!:):)

The best sarcasm was the Laconic one.

When Xerxes wrote to Leonidas: Step aside cause if we pass, we gonna kill everyone of you, burn your villages, sack your treasures, rape your women, destroy your monuments and gods... 

Leonidas replied: IF....

Be safe Tess!!!

:)

• petrieboy
    434 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 10:35 AM

BLAH,BLAH,BLAH.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 2:33 PM

Yiannis1970:

The best sarcasm was the Laconic one.

When Xerxes wrote to Leonidas: Step aside cause if we pass, we gonna kill everyone of you, burn your villages, sack your treasures, rape your women, destroy your monuments and gods... 

Leonidas replied: IF....

:))))) 

• kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2021 10:48 PM

I would just like to comment on a couple of the responses to my post ...

1.  re the Inane commenty - yes I am fully aware that you can turn off the "voice" commentary (which I do) but you cannot get the written commentary off your screen.   I would much prefer to have the distance of my shot to the green before it's my turn, and the distances of the players from the green on the minimap returned that have "beautiful shot" (when it's 9 ft. from the pin LOL), "watching opposition" etc.    

2.  re changing ur status to offline - yes you can do this, however if you are in a multi-player game, which is when you might want to do this because your status still shows you as green, changing ur settings kills the chat function of the game, and the only way to get it back is to crash the game and have it reload.   Not terribly helpful in my opinion.

3. re views on whether virtues of the NV ... terrific if you think it's all great, and I'm very happy for you, but clearly some of us share that view, and my post was aimed at providing some constructive comments on what I think could assist it.

Maybe it is all too hard, or maybe Adobe has proprietal rights over the better aspects of the Flash game which mean that some things can't be used in this version?   But if you can hit a virtual golf ball in Australia from a website established in the USA, and that message somehow goes back & forth to the home website & to other players across the world in what seems a miraculous manner to me with no substantial technological understanding, then my little list should be too difficult?

Fingers crossed that Xerxes (hahaha Yiannis) is overcome:) 

Kay 

• TomCarioca
    286 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2021 8:51 AM

Well, guess its time to add my 5cents... :)

Though I didnt like EA when it first has been introduced I kept patient,  watched the development of things, noticed the improvements (e.g. 'classic' greens) and finally gave launcher a fair chance.

Still dont like the state of the graphics (aka 'cartoon style') but already discovered some superior features as well like the approach grid and the smoother meter.

Most of the crucial To Do's have already been mentioned and are in discussion, yet I would like to add two more aspects that definitely need to be addressed:

1) Handling/ General Ergonomics:

far too much clicks needed to set up the shots. The options boxes (club selection/ shot selection/ spin) should close automatically when switching to the next one. The need for an extra click to close each window is annoying and time consuming! 

the correct determination of the wind direction is important - so why does the wind indicator has to be that small and almost in triangle shape. Hard to get it at a glance and even under close observation it sometimes cant be clearly told if its e.g. a 6:30, 7:00 or 7:30 clock direction. There is enough space in that upper left corner, so please just enlarge that indicator an give it a more arrow like shape.

2) Scoring

oh yesss - I do find playing at launcher EASIER than on Flash (thumbs up!)  but...

the amount of lipouts is just ridiculous! Please correct me if I am wrong but compared to the flash gameplay putting seems to be far less forgiving. This is a true show stopper/ fun killer and very often leaves me with frustration rather than enjoyment. Taking a break often is the only option to digest the anger...

Wouldnt it lead to a win-win if the algorithm was loosened up a bit and leave the player with a positive experience rather than an exaggerated negative impulse?

Beyond all that I trust that Topgolf is working on the critical fixes and will continue to further improve the app. Like I said - I made my peace with launcher but am expecting further attention to make playing WGT Golf real fun again!

RSS