Help › Forums

Re: || Apparel Megathread ||

Wed, Mar 20 2024 5:10 AM (121 replies)
  • MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2021 12:16 PM

DuFussMcGoo:
    Can anyone explain what "IRON SPIN" is?

increased BACKSPIN on your irons (3i - 9i)

• Peezy47
    16 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2021 4:07 PM

I play full SE epic apparel every sponsor time and anytime I’m in the rough I have no idea what to multiply it by or anything ill hit in rough and it’ll fly over the green does anyone know what to add when wearing SE apparel in the rough?

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2021 5:55 PM

DuFussMcGoo:

Can anyone explain what "IRON SPIN" is? I'm at level 10 in SE for the SHIRT and I no longer know how my irons are going to react. 

HELP! 

Try wearing the Max Polo Shirt (common or rare) instead.  Those shirts add 3W distance but not iron spin.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2021 12:22 PM

Peezy47:

I play full SE epic apparel every sponsor time and anytime I’m in the rough I have no idea what to multiply it by or anything ill hit in rough and it’ll fly over the green does anyone know what to add when wearing SE apparel in the rough?

Go to Kiawah 1.

hit in the rough on purpose from about 100 yards out.

try yardages from 100-120. or less.

all i will say is that they are different than without rough bonuses. it's up to you to put the time in to figure out what those are.

• Iggy220
    20 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 10:07 AM

DuFussMcGoo:

Dex000:
    It seems to me that players who rely on apparel will always be at a disadvantage against players who have their clubs mapped and know exactly what each shot is going to do. 

This may have been answered so forgive me if I'm repeating...

You are (mostly) correct, Why would you want increased distance in your irons when you know exactly how far they going to hit the ball? BUT... I love the added distance I have on my driver and 3 wood. Yes, sometimes the 3 would go a bit too far, but we can do the math and we all know how to adjust the distance.

Extra iron distance only has one advantage as far as I'm concerned and that's with the 3 iron... 220 or 225 as opposed to 215 is a big difference so you don't have to jump up to your 3W and then backoff on power guessing where 225 is.  ;-)

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 2:05 PM

Iggy220:
    Extra iron distance only has one advantage as far as I'm concerned and that's with the 3 iron... 220 or 225 as opposed to 215 is a big difference so you don't have to jump up to your 3W and then backoff on power guessing where 225 is.  ;-)

I would disagree.  Although I don't use apparel myself that gives extra iron distance (i.e. the C&M, Foxwind, and TG shirts), I can see a couple advantages. 

If you are able to reach further with a higher-lofted club (eg. 9 iron), you can stop your ball better from further away.  This could be particularly useful when hitting to an elevated green (eg. some of the greens on Bethpage and Olympic and Wolf Creek).  

You might also get enough extra distance from your 3 iron that you could consider dropping your 3W from your bag and substituting a 4th wedge.

Those are just a couple possibilities.

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2021 3:11 PM

SamSpayed:
    I would disagree.

I have to agree with Sam on this one, after all...

• rjteeithi
    673 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 4:04 PM

Tokyo Apparel haul

you bet 250,000 coins to win 450,000 coins and the oh so important apparel drops you a box with only a few thousand coins?

Thank you almighty WGT for the greatness that are the pointy heads...

• HamdenPro
    2,402 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 4:08 PM

rjteeithi:
    oh so important apparel drops you a box with only a few thousand coins?

Seriously!!!! You are sooooo lucky. I wish I had that.

• Cicero733
    2,292 Posts
    Wed, Jan 5 2022 4:45 PM

Mr. Peezy

What Mythanatos has suggested is the best approach. In fact, just map your clubs from 150 yds in…it works. One suggestion, to help you ballpark your distances, from about 100 yds in adding 2 - 4 yds to the shown distance is a good gauge for 30/40 rough and 5 - 6 yds for the 40/50 rough (depending upon your ball and club combo). Another general gauge is for distances greater than 100 yds take 1.1 x the distance for the 30/40 rough and take 1.2 x the distance for the 40/50 rough. This works for non apparel. If you are using apparel that enhances your rough hitting abilities I would ditch it. It’s not going to help you in all situations and it’s better to learn hitting from the rough without any apparel assists. 

RSS