Forums

Help › Forums

Re: || Apparel Megathread ||

Wed, Mar 20 2024 5:10 AM (121 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 6:32 PM

Quite true, i tested that once but the cost of each point goes up after each one purchased so it gets very expensive as you point out.  And for popular items like the SE hat you basically have to catch it at the start of the new day because they can sell out i believe or they are limited to how many they allow to be bought.

The apparel boxes when purchased are still random, and agree complete waste of credits.

Your post reminded me, that playing showdowns can also be a good way to get extra boxes if you are not maxed out on apparel already.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 7:14 PM

Yes if can place well.  Showdowns are a cost effective way to get boxes.  

• thepack52
    218 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2021 10:24 AM

considering i rarely, if ever play the coin games...not buying any, and if you flip the apparel bonus off in stroke play, you won't even find a game. I think that is a gimmick and a ppretty bad one to begin with, get rid of it

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2021 10:28 AM

thepack52:
    get rid of it

not going to happen. apparel is here to stay. There are plenty of tourneys that don't have apparel in play though.

• pase4win
    232 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 12:48 PM

el3n1:
    -- I will point out that 60 coin games is very low for over 3 weeks of play going on 4.  Some coin room players will play over a 1000 coin games a month... and that is why they have maxed out apparel. 

OMG do you know how much time you would have to be on this game to get to a 1000 coin games a month, simple math 30 days divide into 1000 equals 33.3 games a day, I'm sorry sir but I have a life nor do I have the money to waste on balls for a sponsor item by the way it looks I will Never Receive. Listen and I don't ware a ffn tin foil hat either but I'm sure Wgt can alter any aspect of this game if they want, including who advance's into a better player.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2021 7:36 PM

pase4win:

OMG do you know how much time you would have to be on this game to get to a 1000 coin games a month, simple math 30 days divide into 1000 equals 33.3 games a day

Since i suggested there are other people out there lets just round up a bit and say 36 games at 5 minutes a game in a 1 hole coin room and that is playing slow... 5 x 36 is 180 minutes so it takes less than 3 hours that could be played in various intervals.  

If someone did not have a life as you suggest, and they wanted to play 6 hours a day, because they were retired they could do over 2000 games...

You look at how much some people obsess over clashes for those 2 days playing hundreds of rounds, or people grinding out XP for their country clubs, and there are all kinds of people out there going to extremes.

I am not suggesting it is wise or prudent, but merely that it is being done.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2021 7:52 AM

pase4win:

el3n1:
    -- I will point out that 60 coin games is very low for over 3 weeks of play going on 4.  Some coin room players will play over a 1000 coin games a month... and that is why they have maxed out apparel. 

OMG do you know how much time you would have to be on this game to get to a 1000 coin games a month, simple math 30 days divide into 1000 equals 33.3 games a day, I'm sorry sir but I have a life nor do I have the money to waste on balls for a sponsor item by the way it looks I will Never Receive. Listen and I don't ware a ffn tin foil hat either but I'm sure Wgt can alter any aspect of this game if they want, including who advance's into a better player.

I do about 500 coin games a month. And i haven't bought credits in this game in 3 years or so. and i have the premier membership. with the credits you can win plus the balls you can win in showdowns plus watching videos. there isnt really any reason to spend $$.

I have around 60 level 40 titlists that i use in coin games. i win them. 

• BoonJuice
    66 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2021 4:32 PM

Does anyone have a complete list of pictures of each level of each apparel for appearance purposes, I don't have enough coins to level up all my apparel and I want to see which ones look good for my female avatar

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2021 11:34 AM

Mythanatos:
    I do about 500 coin games a month.

I'm close to that!

Anyway, here's my issue.

I'm "almost" at level 10's in all SE categories, and I'm only 13 short on my SE Cap. My thinking was, once I was at level 10 I'd beat the snot out of everyone!

Ain't happening. In fact I'm getting worse! I'm at 60% wins, but that's a long way away from "beating the snot" out of everyone! Heck! I'm a TC with a fake 49 average (which I acquired by playing WOLF back 9 from the sissy tees at low wind and easy greens).

Getting to a level 10 apparel IS NOT ALWAYS GOOD!

Can anyone explain what "IRON SPIN" is? I'm at level 10 in SE for the SHIRT and I no longer know how my irons are going to react. 

HELP! 

RSS