Forums

Help › Forums

Re: || Apparel Megathread ||

Wed, Mar 20 2024 5:10 AM (121 replies)
  • paueett
    41 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2021 3:31 PM

Shadowridge85:

Now on coins though, why do you say they are useless? They are the only way I got my apparel upgrades. Is there another way? And coins will drop in sponsor packs if you are maxed at level 10? 2500Coins? Anyway Thank You for all the info! So Long for now :)

Well I meant they're a currency that just keeps piling up and has almost no function, for the time being and the foreseeable future there's no point in chasing coins besides just having more coins. But yes upgrades are indeed unlocked with coins. And yes if you receive repeat units of a maxed item you get 200 coins per unit instead, so 2k sounds about right

• paueett
    41 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2021 3:54 PM

pdb1:

According to what I read here . You would put Legends around 1 hole Rio entry 36,000  Nope . 9 hole Shanghai entry 50,000 Nope , and Montreal entry 180,000 3 losses I would be broke .

Am I being cheap ? Or is there a scale or tiered benefits at certain levels ? That determines tiers for rooms ? Or does it matter ?

With my bad internet . I am lucky to have broken even in the CasaBlanca Room . For the last 2 years .

IE : I have never hit 1,000,000 coins . My highest has been 900,000 . Am at 800,000 presently .

Well this is a topic I didn't even consider in this thread since it pertains more to common sense than any particular mechanics of this game but I believe someone else gave you a reply already... managing your coins to have a healthy stack and survive through bad streaks just comes down to basic probability and assessing your skill level and how much risk you're willing to take. Like poker, hence the naming scheme.

I don't think I'll add a part about this to the main thread because I can't tell you how many "big blinds" you need to have to play in a certain room... but I have seen the figure 20 buy-ins thrown around quite a bit, and that sounds reasonable to me. So that'd mean to play in rio 400k is enough and 800k is more than healthy, get in there AND play some good golf.

Oh btw don't quote that incomplete sampling part too much.. I wanted to start from scratch and go through all the tiers but got burned out cause the next one was tour pro and the only room for that was beverly, 9 hole matches just sounded ugh..painful. If nothing else it's quite obvious that it scales significantly so "smurfing" on lower tier rooms is pointless both for coins and apparel.

• paueett
    41 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2021 4:03 PM

Shadowridge85:

I thought you were the one who posted the bewilderment on the SweetSpot.........hey I am not arguing, just responding to somebodies post on SS.....lol....and REALLY when I use my gear that changes the SweetSpots, I totally see the area on the meter around the Perfect Hit line change accordingly. That's what it is and it is no huge deal that will CRASH all WGT gamers. It just gives you more space to stop nearer to center. My 3wood is a perfect example. I have SS geared for my Driver and Irons and for me with the meter speeds we have, it helps a little bit! If you ever care to log on to my player you could change the gear and see the horizon of the SS get wider.....lol. It is true, and all it does is help you stay on target which help's any golfer. ...Cheers mate....Oh and hey what is the VEM you speak of?    

And you have to understand that those SS bonus numbers are not based on Percents out of 100....They are just numbers that WGT's codes use. My Iron and Driver sweets spots are not close to 40% wider, they are however wide enough to notice and to give you those nanosecond decisions for the meter STOP more (slightly) in tune with your desire. Once again it is not huge , but definite to these old Diabetic eyes. You should try it. My Driver with S/E distance, SS bonus, and meter speed bonus, is really helping my game. Golf on Brother! Till the next post....lol....cya soon...Can I add you? Your user name is Birdog?

Just to be clear.. what you're saying here is not that misdings behave more like a ding or that they "snap" into a ding. Instead your observation is that the ding hitbox is wider not only in your subjective experience but actually visually wider? I can't say I've noticed anything like that

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 10:45 AM

Dex000:
    It seems to me that players who rely on apparel will always be at a disadvantage against players who have their clubs mapped and know exactly what each shot is going to do. 

This may have been answered so forgive me if I'm repeating...

You are (mostly) correct, Why would you want increased distance in your irons when you know exactly how far they going to hit the ball? BUT... I love the added distance I have on my driver and 3 wood. Yes, sometimes the 3 would go a bit too far, but we can do the math and we all know how to adjust the distance.

• pase4win
    232 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 11:21 AM

DuFussMcGoo:

Dex000:
    It seems to me that players who rely on apparel will always be at a disadvantage against players who have their clubs mapped and know exactly what each shot is going to do. 

This may have been answered so forgive me if I'm repeating...

You are (mostly) correct, Why would you want increased distance in your irons when you know exactly how far they going to hit the ball? BUT... I love the added distance I have on my driver and 3 wood. Yes, sometimes the 3 would go a bit too far, but we can do the math and we all know how to adjust the distance.

The apparel box's are a joke played over 60 match's this month with the same sponsor and did not once receive a improvement on the glove I use  sad state this game!! just to show you how wgt controls who gets better and who doesn't

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 5:31 PM

pase4win:
    The apparel box's are a joke

I completely understand the frustration, but they are random for everyone - the only way to "get the points" is to play a lot of rounds - it is why the coin games and the apparel - is clearly just one more micro transaction geared to keep people playing / using ball hits to earn something they think will help them.  

A skilled player- can and will still win in coin rooms with absolutely no apparel - it is only in the higher stakes coin rooms where playing against equally skilled players you would start to see your opponent gain an edge with maxed out apparel.

WGT is a lot of things - but I don't believe they control who gets better or not - we control our own fate in that regard - and it depends on how much effort you put in or how natural the games comes to you.  Some people are naturals - others - put in the work, and still others just play for fun.

-- I will point out that 60 coin games is very low for over 3 weeks of play going on 4.  Some coin room players will play over a 1000 coin games a month... and that is why they have maxed out apparel. 

If you don't play high volumne, it is a slow methodical process otherwise.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 6:09 PM

Just pointing out a slight error ed. Another way to get points on specific items is to.check the pro shop daily.  And when your item.shows up buy points with credits   

However that is exceedingly expensive. and in my opinion only worth doing if need a point or two for the next level.  

Could also buy boxes but that's an even worse idea. 

RSS