Forums

Help › Forums

Re: || Apparel Megathread ||

Wed, Mar 20 2024 5:10 AM (121 replies)
  • paueett
    41 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2021 10:52 PM

el3n1:

I am not a big fan of apparel, especially from the forward tees - BUT, I use it because I can still play a much cheaper ball with maxed out apparel pretty much the same as I would a much more expensive ball without apparel.  

Yup that is also true. There's plenty of holes where you're dropping strokes from the back tees if you don't use ball attributes, those little things are absolutely stacked.. probably because ball sales are big. Both the driver/3w distance and even iron spin allow me to close the gap a little bit, I'm able to compete against tour champs playing 1k cred+/sleeve with the rock. I don't mind my opponent hitting 2 clubs less than me if I'm hitting a decent club instead of a scuffed 3w or not even reaching, the tees have not been balanced around these boosts.

I'm not the only one either, if I drop to Rio or under I start seeing a lot of decent players with the trusty rock or maybe wgt SDs or some 33 callys etc. I think apparel helps people playing with subpar clubs or ball in this case more than maxed out players.

el3n1:

so apparel may end up costing WGT in the long run with ball sales.

Shhh.. They are watching, don't let them know

• paueett
    41 Posts
    Mon, Jan 11 2021 11:28 PM

pdb1:

Yes . That and CLASHES .

Do people actually use creds on passes? I see like 2/3 clubs going nuts for the golden putter but the rest don't care too much because there's no prize incentive at all, just stay in the top 100 and you're done. I had never bothered with clashes but I thought the deer statues on this last one were cute.

I was able to place my club of inactive members in the 80s just by playing 9 out of the 11 games possible and posting some superpass rounds on each that were not impressive at all. Used free passes to fish for the bunker save% and long putt/approach holeout. It was very clear to me that players in almost all clubs didn't care in the slightest, I both understand and share that sentiment.

pdb1:

EDIT: Now that you saw that . I can delete it .it was for others as well .

Oh I didn't check when you wrote that and I don't have e-mail alerts or anything, mostly come here to update info...damn I missed a secret message =(

• Eyeswideopen11
    108 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2021 6:30 PM

Are Apparel Bonuses Added Together?

I will use putting forgiveness as an example.  If my hat gives me 32% forgiveness and my shoes give me 22% forgiveness, does that mean I have a total of 54%, or does the higher of the two override the lower?  What I am trying to figure out is if I get 32% from my hat can I forgo the 22% from the shoes and pick a different pair that gives me more distance on my driver.  

• rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 12:59 PM

222/500, or 500/222?

What do these numbers even mean? I was pretty sure that I knew what was going on until the front number started getting bigger than the 2nd number. I see these Apparel items leveled up during sponsor box opening, but then they are completely different when you go to your Apparel...

There has got to be somewhere explaining all this, as that seems to be the only damn thing coins even are used for...

These fractions don't seem to make a bit of sense as they are thrown all over the game, and in different quantities as if only random numbers to only look at.

Anyone know?

Joe

• Iggy220
    20 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2021 2:42 PM

I have the same question, hope someone can answer.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2021 4:52 PM

• Iggy220
    20 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2021 6:26 PM

The "quote" feature left off which question I was replying to, sorry about that... This is what I'm curious about...

===========

Are Apparel Bonuses Added Together?

I will use putting forgiveness as an example.  If my hat gives me 32% forgiveness and my shoes give me 22% forgiveness, does that mean I have a total of 54%, or does the higher of the two override the lower?  What I am trying to figure out is if I get 32% from my hat can I forgo the 22% from the shoes and pick a different pair that gives me more distance on my driver.  

RSS