Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ROOKIE SECTION OF SHOWDOWN

Sat, Jan 9 2021 4:54 AM (28 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 12:43 PM

I think ..... in showdowns your placing on the leaderboard when there are some on the same score is determined by a couple of factors . If you had actually been on a better score , then lost a shot , so for example you may have got to say -8 , but lose a shot , and return to -7 , this then places you higher on the leaderboard than someone who just reaches -7 but didn’t get at any stage to -8. If it is also done on count back I think it’s over the last set of three holes. Also I think if there are two or more players on the final score it is determined who is higher , by who was first to complete their total number of holes . 
    Maybe someone else knows better , but I think this is how I have had it explained to me in the past . 

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 5:41 PM

bossbird:
    who was first to complete their total number of holes . 
    Nope,  I don’t  think so.  First is total number of birdie or better.  For instance, I (with Eagle) lose on tiebreaker to someone with two birdies even though we are both -2.  (Assuming all the rest were pars.). In this scenario, it does not matter who finished first.   

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 7:44 PM

It would be helpful if WGT could clarify as I know this has been discussed several times , and there is still confusion 

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 8:22 PM

The rules are listed and the tiebreakers are explained in detail.

I too had the unfortunate incident that my opponent forfeited and the scorecard recorded bogeys for all three holes.

I complained to WGT and they started a new 100 player countdown showdown that i did enter and finished with no issues.

Just ask WGT to help out when trouble strikes and they will come through.  Refunds, possibly a sleeve of balls, who knows.  You have to ask though.  They will take a few days to respond.  Lots of issues I am sure they are working to correct each and every day.

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 9:03 PM

bossbird:

It would be helpful if WGT could clarify as I know this has been discussed several times , and there is still confusion 

I think it is in the “rules” when the showdown is happening.  I’ll try to post it somewhere during the next one.  I know I’ve read the whole list of what the order is for how the ties are broken.

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2021 9:14 PM

I just found a post I made about showdown tiebreakers in my club forum last August, Lesley.  Here it is:

I just looked at the “rules” and the tab there for “tiebreaker.“  Most important is how you scored on your last three games.  Then DE’s. Then eagles, then birdies. Etc.  No. 8 on the list is time of completion.

Doesn’t seem quite fair because I don’t think everyone plays them in the same order.  Compare having your last three games be at Wolf Creek, Bethpage, and St. Andrews (with tailwinds) vs, Pinehurst, Chambers Bay, and RSG (with headwinds).”

————-
    Will check that tab again next showdown and fill in the “etc.” part, lol! 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 12:47 AM

Thanks for that , AD, it’s perhaps a bit complicated , but as long as it’s documented people will know . 

• Qdrive27
    13 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 4:39 AM

Thanks AD.  I have tried to ask wgt for clarification as to what they mean by games....still no response....

In my opinion they do not use the word games in any language and is not clear what defines a game.  

I ended up tied with 4 people this past showdown and I watched one of those people sitting at -15 thru 15 holes played and they played the final 3 holes at -2 taking them to -17.....while I played the final 3 holes of the final round at -5 i thought i would have been ranked higher but i was not....they were and I had finished before them

I am leaning towards the definition of a game as a "round" ie the final round comprised of 18 holes.  Since we would obviously be tied on that having shot the same score in the final round .....it is possible although not confirmed that wgt could use the scores in the second round of the showdown as the next tie breaker which admittedly I did not do as well

Just my theory and again waiting for confirmation from wgt

• Qdrive27
    13 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2021 4:54 AM

here are rules for tie breakers in last showdown

1.number of showdown holes completed

2. score of final showdown game

3. score of second-to-last showdown game

4. score of third-to-last showdown game

5. number of double eagles scored in showdown

6. number of eagles scored in showdown

7. number of birdies scored in showdown

8. first to complete showdown round

definitely documented but not clear in what a "game" is....at least to me its not clear ....lol

RSS