Forums

Help › Forums

Error Installing WGT App

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 25 2021 7:05 AM (3 replies)
  • jondeefan
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2021 4:11 PM

I download the MSI file with no issues. The install process seems to run quick and completes. When I select the WGT Launcher icon on my Windows desktop, it has the following error messages.

I first get an error message that says “An error has occurred while checking for launcher updates.” Right below is an icon that says ‘Retry’.

When I select ‘Retry’, I get the next error message:

“An error occurred while patching the Launcher” with what appears to be a progress bar below it. Below the progress is another message that says “System Reflection. TargetInvocationException. Exception has been thrown by the target of the invocation. ---à

From there, I am stuck. I’m running Windows 10.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

• nabra
    2 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2021 2:57 AM

jondeefan:

I download the MSI file with no issues. The install process seems to run quick and completes. When I select the WGT Launcher icon on my Windows desktop, it has the following error messages.

I first get an error message that says “An error has occurred while checking for launcher updates.” Right below is an icon that says ‘Retry’.

When I select ‘Retry’, I get the next error message:

“An error occurred while patching the Launcher” with what appears to be a progress bar below it. Below the progress is another message that says “System Reflection. TargetInvocationException. Exception has been thrown by the target of the invocation. ---à

From there, I am stuck. I’m running Windows 10.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Hi,

Is there a fix for that issue? I have the same problem.

Thanks

• nabra
    2 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 6:07 AM

Please help !!

Does someone have the same message :"an error occurred while patching the launcher" and below :"ERROR: version info is invalid"

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 7:05 AM

It may be the 'sledgehammer to crack a nut' approach, but I would reinstall the game.

Reinstall WGT app

RSS