Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Language: How do I get settings back to English?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 18 2022 4:57 PM (22 replies)
  • kascheng
    29 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 7:14 AM

Hello e1,

I have tried to get the settings back to English, but the menu and app will allways stay in German. It is obviously automatically translated from English in German. The language is all wrong and really is annoying. I would at least like to switch back into the original language.

Any hints would mean a lot! Thank you e1,

Karsten

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 7:21 AM

Just go into settings (little gear icon ⚙️) in bottom RH. Change language there. Then hit the save button. Does it change back to German right away or the next time you open the app. 
    Maybe try deleting and reinstalling the app??? 

• kascheng
    29 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 7:50 AM

MarchieB:

Just go into settings (little gear icon ⚙️) in bottom RH. Change language there. Then hit the save button. Does it change back to German right away or the next time you open the app. 
    Maybe try deleting and reinstalling the app??? 

Thank you very much for this advice. I tried both, several times. Neither worked out. Everytime I get back out of the menu the language is back to German. Reinstalling didn't do the trick either. I can*t chose language during intallation. Maybe any other idea?

• kascheng
    29 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 7:59 AM

I tried changing the language again after another reinstalling. And now it worked. Don't know what I did wrong the other times. Thank you so much! That is way better. 

All the best,

Karsten

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 10:22 AM

Good to know that it works!

You are correct, some of the translations are AWFUL!

Aber Google kann es noch schlechter: Ein youtube-Titel einer Golf Akademie wird so übersetzt:

WIE MAN MIT EINEM FAHRER EIN UNENTSCHIEDEN MACHT.

(How to achieve a tie with a chauffeur)

• AndyKashu
    14 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2021 10:27 AM

Same here.

I can't even get the fekking game to run anymore. Nothin is downloading from their effing pop-up horseshit. Dinnae ken what all this is about now, guess some 14 y/o lads got their hands on this once so beautiful game, and now it's all called APPs as well and Tablet and other bollocks compatible, needs to be extra installed, yet doesn't download anything, whatever I click it just sits there and does nothing...

I knew it! I knew they would *** up greatly when the Flash Player support ended. And there we are now... wrong language settings, although clearly an English nationality account they nevertheless changed everything to some would-be-German, apparently because I logged in from a German IP address.

Am sick and tired of all these improvements for the worse everywhere nowadays, aka schlimbesserung.

If they can't leave their filthy hands from working games and e.g. think they might overhaul the entire design just for a change, but not for easier access and usability, and "improve" even more just because some kiddos are now in charge and thought it would be a great idea though it's a big pile of banter piss and thereby alienate long term players, then they can shove "their new game" kindly up where the sun don't shine. And by that I certainly don't mean London.

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2021 2:21 AM

Just found this thread as I experienced a similar issue but on the website. After had browsed around the forum, suddenly my profile and CC is in German. 

The game app is still in English, so this only happened on the web. If any of you German speaking knows how to fix it, could you please navigate me to the right direction? I have no clue of what I'm reading:) 

cheers

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2021 4:11 AM

Have a look at the footer on this page, you will see four language selections.

⇩ EDIT : Thank you bud. Accidental clicking on things is all part of internet usage I guess, as annoying as it is. Cheers. ; ) ⇩

• NrEighteen
    956 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2021 7:05 AM

ScottHope:

Got it and toggle helped. Not sure why it changed in the first place, perhaps I clicked by mistake. Thank you!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2021 2:26 PM

ScottHope:

Awesome, not even sure how I just turned things into German.  I wasn't even near the bottom of the page when it changed LOL.  

RSS