Re: Club distance into wind

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 4 2021 3:51 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DarcTangent
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2021 2:47 PM

happyman123uk:

How far would my 135 club go if I where hitting it into a 24MPH wind ?I know how to work wind out  wind x distance / 180 but that tells me how much to add onto my shot not how far a certain club will go into a certain wind 

so how far would it go ? 

I divide the wind speed by 3.  Whatever the whole number is, I add that to distance needed. Or subtract that number for a tail wind,  Also, works for elevation differences: divide elevation by 3 and add for higher elevation or subtract for low.  Being in rough I take the lie percentage divided by 3 and add that to shot distance needed.  Gets trickier in brush/fescue.  Total shot distance must work out to be within wedge range.  Same for bunker.  Still working on numbers for shots right next to green and how the different swing styles work.

• larwil
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jan 31 2021 5:49 AM

sorry don't know the answers to any of this but after reading all of the messages, i realize why there is a 90 second clock. If i had to use a calculator to play this game, i would ditch it for something else!

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2021 3:51 AM

happyman123uk:

How far would my 135 club go if I where hitting it into a 24MPH wind ?I know how to work wind out  wind x distance / 180 but that tells me how much to add onto my shot not how far a certain club will go into a certain wind 

so how far would it go ? 

With full top and a L70 Titleist it goes the stated 135 y. 

• PAGES
RSS