Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Simpatico Springs WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • freddydivit
    386 Posts
    Thu, Dec 2 2021 10:18 AM

Week # 49 @ Best of Par 4's -- Score: 70 (-2)

Well... I finished with a terribly up and down round... lots of birdies, but lots of bogeys that left me 3 or 4 shots worse than I might have been.  But, overall, it was an ok round.  Maybe I'll sneak into the Top 10 when everything is said and done and that would be an accomplishment I could feel really good about in light of all the great players on this Tour.

I will miss this weekly event a great deal; I've looked forward to it every week and will hate when next week arrives and it's gone.  Thanks, again, to the Commissioner -- BP -- for all you've done to make this a marvelous experience.  And, thanks to all who played these events.  It has been fun to see what you have accomplished and to read what you have had to say about your rounds in this forum.  Best of luck to all of you.  Hopefully, we'll see one another in future events along the way.

Happy Holidays and All the Best for a Great 2022!!

Steve (aka FreddieDivit)

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Thu, Dec 2 2021 5:01 PM

Nice round, beerstine!

Only a 66 for me, but I'm happy with it.  It might put me in a tie at 269 with almancini.  How fun!  (But some of the scoring is a mystery to me, so I may be way off on that. . . )

Never had a flashing iron shot until #12, but my putter was astonishingly (for me) hot, so a 31 on the F9 with five 10-18 foot bananas going in.

Bad words were said during the double bogey on the Chambers Bay gravel pit hole where I forgot to put full bs on the drive, setting up disaster.  But I got a couple birdies after that to salvage a 35 B9.

Thank you for the competition, Brett.  As I said when you first enticed me and my club to enter, I don't play much 18-hole golf (and I don't find Champ greens to be nearly as fun as Slow greens), so this was a good challenge (with maybe the exception of too many rounds at Chambers Bay in high wind, but that's not your fault, lol)!

Best wishes to all for the holidays and fine 2022.

AKD

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 5:11 AM

As usual, I didn't disappoint myself, a crap score for the final.   73

On another note, thanks Brett for putting this on.

• TomCarioca
    283 Posts
    Fri, Dec 3 2021 5:31 PM

Thanks Brett - you did a fantastic job there! All the best mate, take care!

• 633kiki
    140 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 12:34 PM

Where has the year gone?!?!?

Thank you so much, bp, for a very enjoyable event.  Everyone have a Happy 2022!

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 8:23 PM

Decent 58 to finish at Bo4. Felt like I played about 2 shots better than that tee to green, but had very little luck with wind directions and approach yardages, and missed a shortish putt too.

Thanks Brett for all the work that went into managing this for the best part of a year. And well done to everyone that stuck to the task for the whole year.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 8:39 PM

VinnyGoombotz:

...Fragments and so many other good players.

Also nice to see that even spellcheck thinks I am a shattered fraction of my former self!!

Hey, spellcheck, I did have one good week out of 40 whatever :-)

• kasia1967
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2021 10:08 PM

what a fantastic tour and well run !!! i wish i had the time ..and i hope someone could carry this forward into the new year ?  its brought so many together from all over ..so sad if this dosnt continue .im sure there could be a cuple who could get this up and running with the guidance of bretts help ?

if not was a pleasure playing with you all

kasia xx

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 5:46 AM

Frustration set in for me on the back 9 as the putts just wouldn't fall like they did on the front 9. Once frustration set in I knew I was done. I was -5 after the first 5 holes and only -3 on the final 13 holes. Missed waaaaay to many putts that I should of made. 30/34 for a 64. 

Thanks Brett for all the work you have put into running this year long event. It was fun for me as well as all others I am sure. Cheers

Brian

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2021 6:34 AM

It looks like it is all over but the shouting. The shouting is on it's way.

In the meantime, I started the post WGT Tour Talk. This is to try and fill in a little for the gap left behind as this Tour ends. I don't think the rest of WGT will jump on board unless members of this Tour get the ball rolling. It would be fun to see if we can get the post to a thousand pages. So take your golf stories there and show the WGT world how to have fun with it.

Cheers,   BP

RSS