Forums

Help › Forums

Re: S.S. WGT Tour

Sat, Jan 29 2022 8:40 AM (2,179 replies)
  • paulgreen79
    389 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 12:40 PM

Absolutely wasted a potential great start to the round. After 4 heartbeat approaches in the first 4 holes, I teed off at Evens, to go and drill it into the fairway bunker. One the green for par with 2 terrible putts put me +2. Another heartbeat on 6 was wasted and a mis-clubbed approach at 7 dropped me another shot (+3).

B2B birdies around the turn helped start to recover the damage, which should’ve been 3 in a row but for a horseshoe birdie putt letting me down. Birdies at 12, 13, 14 & 17 got me back to -3. A scrambled par at 18 left me signing for a 67, but with 9 heartbeat approaches my score really should’ve been much better

Week 11 - RSG - 67 (-3)

• stevedavies500
    1,859 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 2:47 PM

Week 11 at Royal St George’s -6 (64) birdies at 2 of the par 3s - 2 at par4’s and 2 at the 5’s sloppy bogey on the shorter par 4 - fairway pot bunker missed the up and down .

GLTA

Steve

• Carrvet
    1,097 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 5:14 PM

Week 11 a 64  A few bad putts but an Eagle and overall a good round

• JBIII9
    299 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 5:17 PM

Well I probably did well enough to stay near the top of the leaderboard with my handicap. Shot a 1 under 69 at Royal St George’s.

It was an up and down round the whole way. My approach shots were pretty abysmal today leaving me with a lot of long putts but fortunately my putter bailed me out for for a change.

Two long birdie putts made on holes 2 and 3 to start the round 2 under but couldn’t build off the good start. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2021 5:37 PM

Carrvet:

Week 11 a 64  A few bad putts but an Eagle and overall a good round

Nice one, Mike!

I hit all of the fairways and none of the bunkers, but my putter was as cold as certain reactions in RSG-land to “the interview.”  I couldn’t even birdie either of the par 5’s with opportunities under 8 feet, let alone eagle them.

Scratched out 4 birdies on Par 4’s for a 66.

Not headed the right way on the leaderboard with that kind of scoring.  

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 2:37 AM

RSG along with St.A are prob my least fav courses because of the rolling fairways. You never know where the ball will land with the bounces. Some of those par 4's where hard to get close for birds with the high head wind. Managed to score -3 under with 4 birds and 1 bogey. Left to many birdies out there, at least 4 or 5. Oh well, still a fun round which is what this game is about. Cheers

• DuduM1
    282 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 4:38 AM

Someone hijacked my avatar. Someone with small cups and big lips. 63. No drops but after I exorcised my avatar 4 birdies on last 5 saved this from looking really bad. 63  - another onslaught of ordinariness and wasted opportunity. Glad its over now.

• almancini
    203 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 5:16 AM

R.S.G.Week 11 71 for me general play not too bad but putting a whole different game!Regards Almancini

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 7:29 AM

I was on the edge of a gr8 round, but couldn't get over the edge. After a bird start, I had a near miss on the next 4 holes. I followed up those four pars with 10 straight birds, before another near miss on 16, and finishing with a bird on 17 & 18. I should be happy with a 57, but I'm not. It could have been so much better.

At least it wasn't as slow of a start as last weeks final round in the Champion tournament. There I played the last 7 holes at 10 under in a completely wasted effort thanks to playing the first 11 holes at -4.

Some day I'll figure out how to start and finish strong. ...maybe 😂🤣

Edit: Had to edit my original bad math... that bad math might explain my streakiness. 😂

• GArmstrong8
    1,173 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 9:57 AM

Week 11 RSG -8 (62)....missed quite a few shoulda woulda coulda's...overall, will work for me. GLA!

Gary

RSS