Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Caddy

Thu, Nov 4 2021 12:15 PM (8 replies)
  • CRowan
    405 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2020 2:15 PM

I have talked about this before but I guess it must be harder to do than I thought. The flash version had the option to turn off the caddy (Auto club selection) but the new version for pc/mac does not have that option. I still have it happen when I change the club the game picks for me but when I use it, the game still thinks I have the other club which makes my approach shot 15-20 yards short or long. I just played a round and it happened. The game picked my 4 iron but I changed it to my 5 iron and when I swung, it went 20 yards past the hole onto the rough behind the green as if I was actually using the 4 iron the game picked for me instead of the 5 iron I changed to. I have even tried to find go arounds to keep it from happening, like clicking on the club I want to change to multiple times and hitting the escape button on my keyboard to bring up and take away the sub menu left of screen, but still at times the game still thinks I am using the original club it first picked for me for that shot. If you would make it possible to turn off the caddy, like in the flash version, then it should fix that problem. 

• Janus75
    411 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2021 8:26 PM

Is there any way to kill the caddy? I hate this version of an idiot selecting my putter version (distance) for me. Firing the caddy was available in Flash; please carry this over to the new version. Yeah, I have a problem with my 81-year-old brain checking the putter type after every single putt. Mainly, after selecting a putter, it should remain the same until I change it. While I am figuring out the new hitting strength and new putting line, the low down sneaky caddy changes the putter to its lowest level; I don't see it done. Guess what? The putt comes up short.  And, this is the exact time I could see killing the caddy. 

I sure hope you guys and gals can put in the caddy option button and some of these other suggestions that have been brought up by other thoughtful posters. You should also share a list of what you intend or do not intend to do with any requests that seem competent. 

Jry

P.S. I wrote this before I was aware of the above, I agree with CRowan's  version too.
  • ncjohn51
    2,008 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 9:05 AM

Please add me to the list of people who HATE the autocaddy feature. I can't think of a single good reason to have it but I can sure think of far too many times when it has cost me strokes, and games. Just force me to select a club and swing type for the situation the way I have to do on every shot in the real world. I don't want to have to second guess a "caddy" who doesn't seem to have ever played golf.

Yes, I'm aware it's my responsibility to verify it's what I want but as mentioned above, you just don't remember to do that on every single shot. It especially kills me on wedge shots where it ALWAYS, without fail, chooses a totally impractical club and shot type, usually not even set for the right distance if you actually catch that it's set up that way.

This alone is enough to alienate me from the game as the happiest day in my WGT career was the day they gave us the Opt Out before.

• mrmp1
    522 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 3:58 PM

I fired my caddy about 6 months ago when we had flash I would look in settings ,there just might something in there that  you could delete it

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 5:23 PM

Janus75:
    Is there any way to kill the caddy?

I would have long ago been doing life on Alcatraz instead of life on WGT if there was, believe me.

Janus75:
    I sure hope you guys and gals can put in the caddy option button

The only problem with that is that nowadays it will end up taking 32 clicks to take a proper shot instead of 25 clicks or so.

• CRowan
    405 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2021 6:00 AM

Cant turn the caddy off on the non flash version

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2021 3:23 PM

twinponds169:
    The only problem with that is that nowadays it will end up taking 32 clicks to take a proper shot instead of 25 clicks or so.

They could cut down on the number of clicks (and player mistakes) by simply combining the Shot and Club selection into one pop-up.  Shouldn't be too hard to program.  Something like this:

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2021 4:13 PM

That would certainly be nice to see, looks much smoother for the process.

I would also be the happiest of all campers if they eliminated their random default putting meter power and made you choose one when it's time to putt.

• CRowan
    405 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 12:15 PM

twinponds169:

32 clicks? Im not sure what you are clicking on but if it takes you that many then you are doing something wrong. But either way, they wont put the option in to turn off the auto caddy because WGT would lose too many ball hits that way. They make their money with those ball hits.

RSS