Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Game is unfair

Thu, Aug 11 2022 11:42 AM (50 replies)
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jul 21 2021 12:27 PM

In addition to the many true descriptions you have received as replies, let me add this:

One of WGT's interests is to let the players rise in tiers (and difficulty) in order to sell them many clubs and expensive balls. Different games require different means to achieve this.

sewdog1:
    If all the above were TRUE, then "How On Earth" did I make the "Master" tier with ONLY;

1. Playing WGT Golf for 4 weeks (I did play 5 to 7 hours a day), And
    2. Being Level 58, And,
    3. Only 14 Ranked Rounds

The "average and rounds" path to the levels is true - I went it -but it's only one side of the business. Part of it is your average from the two Tour Pro(!) games you played. 66 +72 have an average of 69. It will reset with your first "Master" game.

Your level indicates that you have about 100,000 XPs. This and the time invested tells me that you played many other games - H2H, coin rooms?

sewdog1:
    SO, bottom line, this would imply you don't need ranked rounds "PERIOD" to achieve any Tier.
    True (another side of it), but it may be dreadful to go beyond L100 with "mobile" games only.

SamSpayed pointed out some details of this path.

• sewdog1
    633 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2021 3:37 AM

Really appreciate all the replies to my post :), I wanted to make one last point, which is that I have ONLY played the PC version of the game and ALWAYS on a Big Screen 27" monitor with a 2nd Big Screen 27" monitor to keep a spreadsheet I have developed (much of it from WGT forums TYVM to all member contributions) of tips, yardages, elevation, wind etc.  PLUS I made a swing meter that shows increments 0-100 major marks in 10ths and smaller marks in 20ths and tiny marks in 100ths which I taped to the bottom of my monitor.  I like it MUCH better than the WGT supplied ones as they get confusing in their marking system.

THAT said, it has helped me tremendously to have this luxury of 2 monitors and the information required to calculate shots. (btw I'm a tech/programmer of the past 30 years).

HOWEVER my point is "I'm NOT that good" to be forced to play from Master tees AND I'm 74 years old and have serious arthritis in both hands, so the ONLY way I can play is to BUY Bridgestone Ultra Slow meter balls.

Now NOT TO WHINE (lol), GAWD I would HATE to have to hit from the Legend Tees, and to see WGT give Club access to the likes of "white tee" players (ie; Titlest driver that hits 269) seems a bit of a sham.

TO ALL YOU LEGENDS and Up, I'm sure you "bit the bullet" to achieve what you have, and for ONE - "My Hat is Off To You" !!!!!

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jul 22 2021 7:05 AM

pdb1:

Because from what I can see . There are actually much fewer players with no ranked rounds than I first thought . Still obviously primarily from the Mobile app originally .

I see this in the coin games that i play daily .

I would think that if they are playing any ranked rounds at all . Your above scenario would not be available to them ? I'm just guessing .

So what i have been thinking . and still am . Is that the only solid reliable course of action for anyone , new or old . Is still and always will be the same ole tiering up grind that has always been . If they want answers and results . That is what has to be done .

I've tiered up every which way possible that I've seen.

hack to amateur to pro to tier pro via hitting the level caps.

Tour Pro to Master via the average and Ranked Rounds.

Master to TM: I won a Ready go. instant tier up.

TM to legend: i won a Ready go. instant tier up.

Legend to Tour legend: Ranked Rounds and average. I don't play many red tee tourneys and most of my ranked rounds then  were Ready gos so this took quite a while.

I was TL for less than 9 months. At this time i was playing 90% on mobile. I randomly tiered up to Champion after only 68 or 69 Ranked rounds from when I hit TL. The average was several points off of  being correct. Happened at the end of a coin game.

• sewdog1
    633 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 1:54 AM

alosso:
    Part of it is your average from the two Tour Pro(!) games you played. 66 +72 have an average of 69. It will reset with your first "Master" game.

What do mean by "reset", Does that mean my average will disappear with my "first" Master ranked round?  And then what I shoot in my fir ranked round as Master will then become my average?

alosso:

Your level indicates that you have about 100,000 XPs. This and the time invested tells me that you played many other games - H2H, coin rooms? 

Yes H2H coin rooms a lot...

Also, can anyone reading this help me find an active (people talk to people and try to help them get better) and friendly country club?  I would like to share my collection of information (spreadsheet) and how I set up my meter gauge and get feedback and hopefully additional information to add to what I have developed to this point.

• sewdog1
    633 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 2:02 AM

Tabarnak777:

I experimented the sudden jump when being a rookie and it's a real thing. I reached Master at L42 then Legend at L74.

"experimented" = "experienced" (right?)

So, omg you made Master at L42? really? wow, and then Legend at L74 (further wow), so therefore that let's me know I'm gonna stay at Master for a long long time (which is GOOD news for me).

Thanks much for that INFO !!

Anybody else willing to share Tiers they hit at what Levels?

• sewdog1
    633 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2021 2:18 AM

alosso:

The "average and rounds" path to the levels is true - I went it -but it's only one side of the business. Part of it is your average from the two Tour Pro(!) games you played. 66 +72 have an average of 69. It will reset with your first "Master" game.

OH, hmm I think I got it (after my last reply)

I was under the assumption that a player's "average" was all the ranked rounds they had ever played from "all time", but NOW see by your comment that the "average" is actually only the scores associated with "only the current Tier" (seems you said). 

So is also true between say; Master and Tour Master, etc? In other words do you "reset" when changing from; ie; Master to Tour Master, and so on?

Thanks much!

• Randyl73
    191 Posts
    Sun, Jul 10 2022 8:01 AM

This is correct , but the average score can be manipulated… some clubs play all tournaments from the front tees and easy greens so all scoring drops dramatically….still doesn’t mean much when playing head to head.  FYI 

• Batapotamus
    669 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2022 2:50 PM

I only installed WGT in December and started playing in January. Two days ago I made Legend. Playing higher tier players makes you play better and also the advice I got through the chat feature helped improve my game. Sure I lost some coin on the way but the feeling of beating a Legend and Above when you're a Tour Pro is a pretty nice feeling when it happens!

RSS