Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Club/distance

Thu, Dec 24 2020 11:11 AM (2 replies)
  • Bergerman440
    9 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2020 6:56 PM

Hi. Relative newbie here. Have a question/suggestion for the pros. I have in my back with the exception of driver the WGT starter clubs. I find that the club selected I have to add 10-15 yards to it. Should I just go down a club or am I missing something. Thanks for your suggestions. 

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2020 10:21 AM

The starter clubs and ball won't give you great accuracy, they are just designed to allow you to play for free. If you want better results you'll need better equipment, or just adapt your playing style as you have been to add or take away yardage as required.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2020 11:11 AM

Also, even once you get better clubs the numbers will never be 100% accurate. And if you add in good balls that add distance you will definitely need to go and map out your clubs to determine their true distance. (Mapping out means to go to a flat, low wind hole and hit each club to see how far it actually goes. 
    And don’t forget that Back Spin will also decrease distance by causing ball to have a higher trajectory. 
    there are many factors in determining ball distance, it’s just something everyone here has or is learning. 

RSS